Milestone Systems is looking for talented students!
Are you eager to join the global industry leader in video management software and an international company in rapid growth?
Are you an enthusiastic developer and a results-oriented student wishing to acquire experience in a rapidly growing sector?
We are looking for a highly motivated student/graduate who wants to start building his Software Engineering/Researcher career with hands-on experience as a part of a highly skilled dynamic team and a flexible working schedule.
Qualifications and educational preferences
- Knowledge of machine learning is required.
- You are about to define the topic of your master’s thesis.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as Python, and deep learning frameworks like PyTorch.
- Strong interest in computer vision.
- High motivation, a high level of commitment, a proactive and positive attitude.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- You are passionate about technology and want to learn more about a product that is a key player in its field and is shaping the future of its industry.
- You are willing to work in a dynamic environment where experimentation and learning are required as part of building and developing a product.
- You are a team player who values integrity and honesty in communication.
- You are someone who likes having fun at work and has a well-trained sense of humor.
You will be joining Milestone Research, which is mainly located in Copenhagen, Denmark, but you will get a spot in our office in Barcelona, Spain, and will sit with our colleagues in Software Development. Milestone Research conducts research on various computer vision and machine learning topics, to among others, improve the performance of XProtect™ – the most widely deployed Video Management System in the world, for example, for adaptability to the latest advances in AI.
Your project may involve, but not be limited to, large vision-language models applied to video understanding and anomaly detection in the surveillance context. You will have the option to work on your master’s thesis with Professor Sergio Escalera at UB which is aligned with the work you will do during your internship in Milestone.
You will be part of a multi-cultural team within a multinational company with strong Nordic values counting three software development centres across Europe (Copenhagen, Sofia, and Barcelona), plus several other offices around the world.
Besides work experience and knowledge gain, you will make new friendships across borders, build up your network, and benefit your future career
At Milestone, your work goes beyond what the human eye can see. With our unique video technology software, you help people make wiser and more responsible decisions – in and beyond security. Whether you advance our software, inspire to new integrations, or elevate our customers, you are part of a growth company recognized by the industry. We have a unique people-first approach to everything we do, and it’s not just empty words. Being part of a fun, friendly, and flexible environment you’ll find, that working here almost feels like a home away from home.