Humanity has been dreaming of robots forever. Robots with social skills that can express themselves and connect with us in a way that is more humanlike and richer than all the other ways we interact with technology today.
We have built Furhat Robotics to be the company that makes that dream a reality. We’ve designed and built several generations of our robots, evolving to become the leading and most sophisticated, cutting edge social robot available today – used by many scientists, researchers, and businesses around the world to explore applications for robots and the relationship between robots and humans.
In the process of building our robots, quality has always been our top priority. Furhat today is designed and built in Sweden, but shipped to all corners of the world; to some of the most inspirational companies and universities out there. In addition to Furhat, we have now also acquired Misty, a fun, engaging, and well engineered robot. Built for research and education, Misty is designed and ready for high volume manufacturing.
We are looking for a Technician to handle our robots, both Furhats and Mistys, making sure they are tested and in good working condition before they are shipped out to our customers around the world. The role will include taking first-hand support, daily operations with the factory, organizing the inventory and making sure we deliver robots on time.
While you don’t need experience in robotics, we are specifically looking for someone with passion for robotics, and who likes to solve problems. It’s a big plus if you have been tinkering with tech or have previous experience with mechanics and electronics. You can be early in your career, but very self motivated, and believe that supporting the daily, mission critical operations of the company is a noble cause that makes you wake up every morning with a smile on your face. As a startup, we rely on the team members who are self-motivated and can work independently.
You will be working in a cross-functional team and interacting with several different stakeholders across the organization so we expect you to be very organized, great at communication and an independent problem-solver that is always looking for solutions and creative ways to improve on processes.
As a robot technician, you will:
- Testing of sub and main components of the robot
- Handle first line support
- Prepare and pack robots for shipment
- Shipping inbound and outbound and tracking robots as they move through the flow/process
- Configuration of the robot and its components
- Inventory management, handling and keeping correct stock levels
- Ordering components for inventory, spare-parts and necessary equipment
- Stay in close contact with couriers, setting up documents for customs, shipping of hazardous materials etc.
- Factory support of daily operations
- Writing processes and FAQ for support
Skills & Requirements
- Experience troubleshooting issues with subassemblies and top level assemblies
- Experience in and being comfortable with handling electronics
- Organizational skills and general neatness
- Basic understanding of programming
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Good at identifying and solving challenges
- Worked with startup or have some sort of understanding of what it means to be a startup
- You are very fluent in English
And of course, you love robots, believe in the incredible social benefits they will bring, and are positive and enthusiastic about new technologies and are not afraid of being an early adopter.
You will be reporting to the Head of Operations and working closely with our Hardware and R&D Team.
This job is only open to candidates who have a work permit in Sweden.
We expect to read from you on why you want to have this role, what you bring with you from your professional life, and why you believe you will excel at it.
Applications without a clear personal letter will not be prioritized.
Thank you for considering joining our team and mission and wanting to help us make our dream a reality.