Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life’s aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 9500 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve
We are the architects of PayFit´s success
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
About the role :
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Front End Application Engineer to join our dedicated and focused team known as “Front End Architecture.”
As a Senior Front End Application Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our front-end development efforts.
Your expertise will be crucial in scaling our front-end systems to accommodate a team of 100-200 engineers, and you will take part in this process with strong ownership. Your leadership will guide the growth of our engineers’ front-end skills.
Take part in with strong ownership of our front-end architecture, transitioning it to a lean and scalable model that can support a larger team of engineers.
– Emphasize efficiency and agility in transformation, making trade-offs for incremental progress.
– Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including backend developers, UI/UX designers, and product managers, to ensure seamless integration and optimal user experience.
– Define and enforce front-end architectural standards, best practices, and design patterns across the engineering organization. Address complex technical debt to improve system maintainability and performance.
– Mentor and coach engineers in developing advanced front-end skills, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
– Drive the development of core front-end tools and components that enhance the performance, modularity, and maintainability of our application.
– Work closely with product managers to understand user needs and translate them into effective front-end solutions that enhance user satisfaction.
– Lead discussions on Front End technical approaches and decisions, ensuring alignment with business goals and scalability requirements.
– Drive the establishment of strong front-end conventions within an event-driven architecture context, promoting best practices for event handling and communication.
– Work effectively in a design system context, ensuring consistency and usability in the user interface.
– Keep abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to continually evolve our front-end application within a transformation context.
This role is for you ifyou have :
– Proven experience (5+ years) as a Senior Front End Application Engineer or similar role in complex web applications.
– Strong expertise in React and its ecosystem
– Expertise with bundling tools such as webpack, Vite, rollup
– Experience working with complex frontend architecture such as micro frontends Demonstrated ability to make trade-offs for incremental progress while driving transformation initiatives.
– Proficiency in working within a design system context, ensuring consistency and adherence to established design principles.
– Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor technical teams, fostering skill growth and collaboration.
– Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to identifying and mitigating complex technical debt.
– Previous experience in SaaS or enterprise-level application development is a plus.
– Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
If you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we would love to hear from you!
(CV + Portfolio or Documentation from previous experiences directly related to Design System).
Hiring process :
1. First you will meet a Talent Acquisition Specialist for a discovery call (45 min)
2. Next step will be a meeting with Pierre, Engineering Director (30 min)
3. You will go through a frontend technical challenge at home and then a code review interview with Cyril & Vincent (60 min)
4. Then you will have a System Design live discussion with Stephen (45 min)
5. The last step would be having a discussion Sébastien, CTO (30 min)
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe that to produce your best work and to be fulfilled, you should be free to choose what working arrangements suit you best. You can work from any place within Spain with the possibility to work abroad for some period of time.
Learning & Development: At PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills every day with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym subscription (AndJoy) with a preferential rate.
Meals: 6 EUR lunch voucher per workday with our partner Edenred.
Transportation: 50 % of public transport card covered by PayFit .
Health Insurance: Full coverage on private insurance with Sanitas.
Parental support program: Support with a nursery for your child.
Home office budget to help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Time off: 25 days of holidays per year.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process.