Yubico, the inventor of the YubiKey (security key), makes secure login easy and available for everyone. Backed by major investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Meritech Capital, AMF, and Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce, the company was created by an inspirational female founder. Millions of individuals in over 160+ countries rely on the YubiKey to protect their accounts, and companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, and the U.S. State Government rely on our technology to keep their employees secure. We are a multinational, fast-growing company offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
At Yubico, we offer:
Freedom and Flexibility: At Yubico, we want you to be your most productive selves whether you decide to work 100% from home or choose to work hybrid/onsite. The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth company and sustainability is making rest a priority.
Yubico Values: We work to ensure that our employees have an open space to have their voices amplified to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels like they belong. Aligned with this, our employees have created some pretty cool Employee Resource Groups: YubiPride, YubiBIPOC, YubiSustainability and YubiWomen. Additionally, Yubico donates YubiKeys to organizations in need all over the world (you can read more about our work here).
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter, and we love spending time with our team! Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it’s through Yubico celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. We host an all-team event in a new location every year where we plan for upcoming quarters, set goals, and most importantly, host fun events to encourage team building outside of the workplace. Check out our Life at Yubico Page on LinkedIn and our awards here.
Yubico is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to our YubiEnterprise Services. It is an Enterprise solution that customers use to easily procure, distribute, and manage YubiKey authentication solutions at scale. You should have a passion for building, monitoring and debugging the platform for Enterprise-grade web applications. We are looking for an experienced engineer who is proactive, works well with and within teams, and has a desire to do things right. You will develop the platform to support products used by many top Enterprise companies and will get to see your work in use right away.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Understand, enhance, maintain, and grow the platform that powers the YubiEnterprise Services
- Hone your skills in designing and developing a testable, scalable and globally-distributed web application that is used by a variety of Enterprise customers
- Manage our services with Terraform, GitHub CI/CD and Kubernetes
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Improve operational processes, such as deployments and upgrades
- Work collaboratively with a tight-knit, multi-national development team to create well-architected software
- Participate in an on-call rotation and gain experience supporting business-critical Enterprise software
- Expand your mentoring and leadership skills by being an influential member of the development team
- 7+ years of software development experience (or equivalent)
- Proven experience building and supporting commercial server software on one of the 3 major cloud platforms
- Advanced knowledge of cloud services
- Proven experience working with Kubernetes and GitHub Actions
- Working experience designing and developing microservices on Unix-based platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with Go and/or Java
- Experience with Istio, Prometheus and Grafana
- Great at systems-level thinking: edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations
- Web security experience
$140,000 – $210,000 semi monthly
Yubico offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work. The expected base salary for this position will range from $140,000 to $210,000 plus, bonus, stock options & full benefits. Actual compensation will be based on a number of factors, including location, and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges are US applicable only.
Due to job requirements of this position, this role requires candidates to be fully vaccinated. Yubico will make reasonable accommodations for candidates with a valid medical or religious reason not to be vaccinated.
Our U. S. benefits are designed for your overall well-being:
Health coverage. We’ve got you covered with top of the line health plans, including dental and vision. We pay 100% of your premium and 85% for your family.
Retirement plan. Our retirement plan includes a 401K dollar per dollar match up to 6% with a cap of $6K/year. Immediate vesting.
Wellness reimbursement. We provide you with $100 monthly reimbursement that you can use on your gym membership, a massage, or your favorite online fitness classes.
Equity in the company. We’re all in this together. We offer a stock options program so you can have a solid stake in Yubico’s success, which we think is pretty cool.
Learning and development. We encourage your professional growth and offer a yearly development stipend of $3,000 and mentorship program.
Time off. We offer a total of 15 vacation days plus 10 holidays, and 7 sick days a year.
Paid parental leave. We love welcoming new members to our YubiFamily! You will have 8 weeks paid 100% so you can take care of your new family.
Commuter Benefits. If you need to commute to the office, we offer commuter benefits.
Strong mission & company values. We’re a global team on a global mission to make the internet more secure for everyone. We believe that every person’s work matters. That you should always be nice, stay humble, and have fun, and never take yourself too seriously.