Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life’s aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 9500 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve
We are the architects of PayFit´s success
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
Location: France or Spain is preferred
Language requirement: English will be your working language and French/Spanish would be nice to have but not mandatory for this role.
About the role :
As a full-stack developer, you will be responsible for finding the balance between reducing complexity and delivering new features.
To support that mission, we are looking for a Senior Fullstack Senior Engineer deeply passionate about product performance and customer-centric analytics.
Reporting directly to Daniel, Engineering Team Lead, you will :
– Work closely with your team to make decisions and understand their tradeoffs
– Design and build valuable solutions for our customers, and challenge your teammates and embrace challenges from them
– Be a driving force in the continuous improvement of the team
– Be involved not only in the delivery but also in the discovery of our customers’ problems
– Contribute to the full lifecycle of our software solution (discover/design/build/operate/support)
– Make sure the product you build meets the security and quality standards.
This role is for you if :
– You have 5+ years of experience in a Fullstack developer role with NodeJS & TypeScript
– You have a strong hands-on background in an development role, preferred in a product context and with a SaaS product
– You have a strong understanding of software architecture
– You have experience with continuous delivery and with test-driven best practices
– You are a fervent advocate for software design principles
– You love to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, like product managers, software engineers, data engineers…
– You can navigate ambiguity and can work autonomously while you are still a strong team player
– You are familiar with agile and lean software development methodologies
It would be great if also :
– You are a real team player who want to build a big success story with us
– You speak English fluently and you want to work in an international and dynamic environment
– You have a strong interpersonal and communication skills
– You want to learn, improve and gain responsibility
If you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we would love to hear from you!
Your future team:
The Expand Squad is a cross-functional team that focuses on bringing the best value to customers on experiences like expenses, salary advance, bank payments, and upsell. We are striving to become a revenue generator for PayFit and attract new customers.
If you join the Expand Squad, you’ll work with a team that has a strong interest in users and a bias for continuous improvement. We are always looking for ways to make our products and services better, and we value your input.
We embrace the DevOps “You build it, you run it” principle, which means that we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our products, from development to deployment to maintenance. This gives us a lot of ownership over our work, and it allows us to make quick changes and improvements.
1. First you will meet a Talent Acquisition Specialist for a discovery call (30-45 min)
2. Next step will be a meeting with Daniel, Engineering Manager with whom you will touch more technical topics of your experience (30 min)
3. You will go through a technical challenge at home and then a code review interview with Jeff & Enrique or Nicolas (60 min)
4. Then you will have a discussion with Product & Designer partners, Brigitte & Margaux (45 min)
5. The last step would be having a discussion with Yassine, Engineering Director of the tribe (30 min)
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe that to produce your best work and to be fulfilled, you should be free to choose what working arrangements suit you best. You can work from any place within Spain with the possibility to work abroad for some period of time.
Learning & Development: At PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills every day with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym subscription (AndJoy) with a preferential rate.
Meals: 6 EUR lunch voucher per workday with our partner Edenred.
Transportation: 50 % of public transport card covered by PayFit .
Health Insurance: Full coverage on private insurance with Sanitas.
Parental support program: Support with a nursery for your child.
Home office budget to help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Time off: 25 days of holidays per year.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process.