Join the international founding team launching Birdie in Germany!
You will be responsible for creating our initial sales funnel, you will be the first point of contact to our very first customers in the German market and you will make sure we’re able to commercialise our product. You will work closely with the birdie founding team and the GM Germany on all commercial aspects of the business.
You will play a key role in shaping our go-to-market strategy & approach, and you will grow to own more and more pieces of our sales funnel as we grow the market together..
🦸♀️ How you will contribute
- Engage with prospects via telephone, email, social media, direct mail channels and networking;
- Uncover, understand and evaluate our prospect’s pain points, and iterate on your proposition & approach to drive engagement;
- Book discovery calls or demos with customers fitting our target profile;
- Be responsible for managing the sales pipeline using Hubspot CRM system;
- Be involved in initiatives to drive improvements across the acquisition funnel;
- Have a key role to play in helping to define our product and marketing efforts, logging and structuring the feedback you hear to improve our product, sales and marketing strategies
🤩 We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are a German native speaker based in Berlin;
- Are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal. You can easily explain the benefits of a service, and can simplify complex topics in a way that anyone can understand;
- Are compassionately competitive, with a desire to be the best and to pull your team up with you;
- Have a can-do attitude and growth mentality. You are someone who gets things done and is willing to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility;
- Ideally, have previous experience in a sales development role, or show interest for sales & strong coachability;
- Are based in Germany and willing to be in our Berlin office on a consistent basis;
- Are inspired by, and seek to embody our values.
These are our ideal requirements, but we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Birdie, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
🙌 What are the benefits?
People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team’s happiness, wellbeing and growth. Our benefits may vary slightly by country to be locally compliant and competitive.
The ideal candidate will be located in Berlin and willing to be in the office 3 days a week. We are a remote-friendly company and have birdies working across several countries. We organise quarterly in-person events and online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers.
🌱 L&D budget
Growth is key. You’ll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts
🌴 Base holiday & Christmas leave
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays). Moreover, birdie closes between Christmas and New Year so you can have some down time with your loved ones. This is in addition to your base holiday!
🎂 Birthday leave
You can take your birthday off when it falls on a weekday!
👩⚕️ Private health insurance & Wellbeing budget
Private health insurance that covers many physical and mental health costs provided by Alan. birdie also offers each employee a wellbeing allowance every quarter.
👼🏽 Parental Leave
Primary caregivers are entitled to 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% of your usual salary and secondary caregivers are entitled to 12 weeks of parental leave, at 100% of your usual salary.
🐣 Fertility Leave
birdie recognises the emotional and physical challenges which may arise during fertility treatments, and supports all birdies by offering 5 additional paid days of leave.
⛷ Frequent company socials, trips and meals
We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips)
🤗 Exceptional culture
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation: caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The birdie Way to learn more.
Join birdie and seize this unique opportunity to shape the future of a transformative tech startup, to create positive social change, and develop yourself very fast in a flexible, close-knit & transparent organisation.
We have a grand vision to transform how society deals with ageing, starting with radically improving the lives of 1 million older adults in the next 3 years. We dream big and speed is of the essence.
We’re all entrepreneurs at birdie. We’re a flat organization, with no manager to tell you what to do but a community of peers and coaches to support you.
We’re highly collaborative and iterative. Everything we do is transparent to anyone, be it objectives and key results, compensation packages and equity or strategic conversations.
Growing with trust is key. Everyone sets their own development plan and gets support to learn fast, from training to books or coaches. We live by radical candour: we give honest feedback and care deeply & personally about each other.
Join us now to improve the lives of millions!
⚖️ Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.