Join the international founding team launching Birdie in Germany!
You will be responsible for all of our marketing efforts behind the successful launch of our German product. You will work closely with the birdie founding team and the GM Germany to promote birdie in the best possible way. From finding creative ways to generate inbound leads to creating assets for our social media presence or allocating our online marketing budget, you will make sure birdie will be well known all over Germany in no time!
You will be building and leading the Marketing team as our presence in Germany develops.
🦸♀️ How you will contribute:
- Shape our GTM strategy. Build birdie’s understanding of the market, competition, and ideal customer profile to shape the go-to-market strategy in Germany;
- Own its execution. Identify the most effective way to launch birdie, then roll up your sleeves and make it happen. Whether it’s building networks, hosting events, crafting content, or running paid campaigns, you will own it from start to finish;
- Build our German brand. Craft birdie’s positioning and messaging to compel prospects & customers to engage with us. You will create marketing collateral, own our local web presence, design pitch decks, and work on any other materials needed to build our brand and credibility in market;
- Act as a founder. Work hand-in-hand with our General Manager and the rest of the German team to tackle whatever challenges arise in launching in Germany. You’ll have the founder mentality to own and address anything that needs doing, whether in your direct remit or not.
🤩 We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a broad marketing skillset, covering product marketing, copywriting, branding, and growth marketing;
- Are a German native speaker or can create content at equivalent level;
- Have experience working in B2B marketing. Bonus points if you come from caretech/healthcare.
- Are based in Germany and willing to travel to our Berlin office on a regular basis.
These are our ideal requirements, but we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at birdie, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
🙌 What are the benefits?
People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture with strong values (B-Corp certified). We invest massively in our team’s happiness, wellbeing and growth. Our benefits may vary slightly by country to be locally compliant and competitive.
The salary for this position is €72.500. We also offer discretionary share options.
The ideal candidate will be located in Berlin and willing to be in the office a couple of days a week. We are a remote-friendly company and have birdies working across several countries. We organise quarterly in-person events and online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers.
🌱 L&D budget
Growth is key. You’ll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts
🌴 Base holiday & Christmas leave
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays) + Christmas eve day off. Moreover, birdie closes between Christmas and New Year so you can have some down time with your loved ones. This is in addition to your base holiday!
🎂 Birthday leave
You can take your birthday off when it falls on a weekday! (effective from 1st Jan 2023)
👩⚕️ Private health insurance & Wellbeing budget
Private health insurance that covers many physical and mental health costs provided by Alan. birdie also offers each employee a wellbeing allowance every quarter.
👼🏽 Parental Leave
Primary caregivers are entitled to 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% of your usual salary and secondary caregivers are entitled to 12 weeks of parental leave, at 100% of your usual salary.
🐣 Fertility Leave
birdie recognises the emotional and physical challenges which may arise during fertility treatments, and supports all birdies by offering 5 additional paid days of leave.
⛷ Frequent company socials, trips and meals
We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips)
🤗 Exceptional culture
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation: caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The birdie Way to learn more.
Join birdie and seize this unique opportunity to shape the future of a transformative tech startup, to create positive social change, and develop yourself very fast in a flexible, close-knit & transparent organisation.
We have a grand vision to transform how society deals with ageing, starting with radically improving the lives of 1 million older adults in the next 3 years. We dream big and speed is of the essence.
We’re all entrepreneurs at birdie. We’re a flat organization, with no manager to tell you what to do but a community of peers and coaches to support you.
We’re highly collaborative and iterative. Everything we do is transparent to anyone, be it objectives and key results, compensation packages and equity or strategic conversations.
Growing with trust is key. Everyone sets their own development plan and gets support to learn fast, from training to books or coaches. We live by radical candour: we give honest feedback and care deeply & personally about each other.
Join us now to improve the lives of millions!
⚖️ Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.