Higher is thrilled to be partnering with an exciting and newly founded AI company, that is developing ground-breaking technology able to model human behavioural data at massive scales.
The company has just secured a multi-million-pound contract with a well-known UK retailer and is growing. As a result, they are seeking a talented Machine Learning Engineer who will deploy their state-of-the-art algorithms and models into production.
Our client is building on over 20 years of commercial and academic expertise to implement AI solutions that serve multinational brands and commercial partners, while paving the way for social good at previously unseen scales. Built on the success of their existing data science consulting company, the founders established the company as a new business to empower retailers to make smarter decisions. The team are experts in transforming the sparse, incomplete and shifting “digital footprint data” we leave in our wake, into practical insights – producing commercial value for clients and underpinning social good in sectors as diverse and healthcare and the environment. The challenges embedded in behavioural data have led the company to pioneer cutting-edge developments in time series forecasting, behavioural modelling and explanatory AI.
This Nottingham based company is currently a team of 7, with scope to grow. They offer a hybrid working model and the team usually gets together around twice per week, in a shared workspace in Nottingham.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Machine Learning Engineer will focus on brining state-of-the-art algorithms developed by the R+D team to production, working closely with computer science academics to build roadmaps and translate ideas into solutions, spearheading team efforts from architecture to implementation.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
- Creative problem-solving underpinned by a keen understanding of how predictive analytics can be leveraged in business processes
- Collaborating with tech, product and data teams to develop the data platforms that allow Arcaidium to apply data science and embed the use of data science directly into products and processes
- Working closely with project leadership to plan long-term road maps and improve development processes
- Seeing the big-picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them
- Proven experience delivering high-quality AI-based products and the productionisation of ML-based products
- Demonstrated experience in translating/implementing ML algorithms into productions systems
- High proficiency in the application of ML knowledge in the areas of temporal supervised learning; reinforcement learning; explanatory AI knowledge
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python and C/C++ or equivalent
- Some statistical background/knowledge
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience in the development of AI solutions
- High attention to detail
- Experience using Github/CVS
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A passion for implementing and extending state-of-the-art AI systems
- Interest in augmenting human intellect to advance social good
- Competitive base salary of £70 000-80 000 per year
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A “blanket day” – one day a year where you can stay home no questions asked
- Innovation days – one day per month for blue sky research – working on whatever makes you curious
- The opportunity to shape the future of AI development
- Regular company social get-togethers
- Company pension scheme
- The opportunity to participate in Arcaidium’s Share Option Scheme – to share in Arcaidium’s success
- Annual salary reviews, with the opportunity for significant professional development as Arcaidium grows