We are looking for a Java Software Engineer (Remote Spain or Hybrid based in Barcelona, Spain) with solid foundations in one or many of the technologies of our stack (Java, SpringBoot, Oracle, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes) and a lot of drive and mental flexibility to learn a lot about the rest of it.
Here is a little taste of your challenge:
No matter whether it is to implement a new feature, fix a bug in production, extract some data and deliver it to customer support, change system configurations, solving problems together with 3rd parties and system partners by:
- Discuss, define, and develop enhancement and adaptions of existing products as well as new products and services, or integrations with 3rd party systems for the purpose of meeting the requirements and regulations and increasing the market reach in the respective target geographies.
- Create solution designs and deliver complete sets of functionalities on the backend; the key technical focus of the role will be more on the backend but depending on project requirements you also step into other technical areas.
- Work in a technically complex and sensitive environment, which will require you to build relevant functional knowledge about the products, technical knowledge about the platform’s stack and architecture.
- Keep a keen eye on application performance, operability, robustness, monitoring and failure resilience, data privacy and the security of individual services and the whole system.
- Take holistic responsibility including ongoing functional and performance improvements, bug fixing and issue solving on the production instances of your applications and test automation as well as necessary configuration and data changes.
- Be involved in enabling and rolling out solutions to drive the business of large or enterprise partners and customers on various levels.
- Apply agile methodologies to organize yours and your team’s work, make your planning and team performance transparent and to manage your stakeholders.
Who are you?
There is no set route to become Software Engineer in Bridgestone Mobility Solutions. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- A degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Great communication skills, holistic and systemic thinking, goal-orientation, quality-focus, versatile problem-solving skills, an open mind as well as at least 5 years of experience in commercial software development.
- Experience with at least one or ideally some of the following languages, technologies or principles: Java, SpringBoot, SQL, REST, and let’s not forget data structures, separation of concerns, complex distributed systems, message-driven architectures, enterprise integration patterns.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- A desire to work as part of an international organization and cooperate with other software engineers, system engineers, architects, product owners and external partners across multiple locations.
- You don’t need to be an expert in all technologies, your enthusiasm and passion for clean code are much more appreciated!
What can you expect?
- An adventure in software product development within a rapidly growing business unit of a globally renowned brand and various opportunities for your professional development.
- Being part of a team of expert developers and contribute in building and adapting technology for our Service Platform.
- Brilliant minds. Learn from your colleagues – pioneers and experts who are changing the world.
- Different cultures. Our colleagues come from all over the world, with 55 nationalities and counting.
Let’s not forget the good stuff!
- Competitive salary.
- 500 euros gross to set up your home office.
- Chance to work abroad for 40 working days per year.
- Birthday off and volunteering time off.
- Additional health and dental insurance (Including children and partners).
- 100% employer funded pension scheme.
- Lunch or childcare vouchers.
- Free English and Spanish lessons.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible working model.
- Almost no dress code (the only existing restriction is that you are required to be dressed decently and wear shoes on your feet).
- Plenty of formal training for new joiners + access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Once you have earned the merits to warrant it, there will be opportunity to attend trainings and conferences on company budget.
- Annual performance reviews, personal development plans, and as much feedback as you want and can handle through regular 1:1 meeting.
Who are we?
We are Bridgestone Mobility Solutions, and we are on a mission to move the world towards a sustainable future using data-driven mobility.
The high-value products and services we develop for fleets, original equipment manufacturers and governments make travel smoother, reduce congestion, increase accessibility, improve vehicle and road safety and cut carbon emissions.
Bridgestone Mobility Solutions is a Business Unit of the Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader in tyres and rubber, present in Europe, the Americas, Australia and Africa.
Webfleet is one of our lines of business within Bridgestone Mobility Solutions. A globally trusted fleet management solution, Webfleet analyses live data from hundreds of thousands of vehicles to help businesses boost fleet productivity, cut costs and increase safety.
Webfleet is used by more than 50,000 customers worldwide, providing them with the industry’s largest support network and the widest range of dedicated applications and integration tools.
For further information, please visit https://www.webfleet.com/es_es/webfleet/
Want to join us?
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi. Please complete the online form and attachments in English.
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.