This role is an excellent opportunity for a student looking to gain hands-on experience in Digital Workplace technologies within a real-world environment. It also offers a chance to enhance internal and change communication skills.
The Change and Technical Communication Specialist will play a pivotal role in the Digital Workplace team, focused on introducing and communicating new features, tools, applications, functionalities, and updates. This position requires a blend of technical expertise and effective communication skills to ensure seamless adoption and understanding of the changes within the organization.
- Contribute to the communication strategy for introducing new features, tools, applications, and updates within the digital workplace.
- Collaborate with the Digital Workplace team to understand technical changes and translate them into user-friendly communications.
- Create and maintain clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation for IT support teams to facilitate efficient operations and issue resolution.
- Ensure the technical documentation is available on the right channels in a timely way for a smooth transition to operations.
Adoption, Training and Education:
- Develop training materials to educate end-users on new and existing tools and applications.
- Identify opportunities to enhance user understanding and improve overall digital workplace literacy.
DW team is a small team with huge ambitions!
Our mission is to deliver features and knowledge to empower Milestoners to smoothly collaborate in a flexible, reliable, and smartly managed Digital Workplace so that they can focus on what they do best.
Following our mission guide, most of our days are spent improving the way we can manage our Endpoints, modernizing our DW infrastructure, implementing new tools/services, developing communication and training content, solving some problems escalated to us, or creating technical documentation. We need to maintain consistency and grant security across these activities.
As we work in an Agile environment, we do all this prioritizing our backlog, planning our sprints, refining our stories, and reviewing our work. We are based in the sunny, avant-garde, and cosmopolitan Barcelona and we like to translate the city spirit into our guiding values at work by being warm, innovative, and open!
What you bring:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Communications, Journalism, Information Technology, Technical Writing, or a related field. (You must be registered in a university)
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
- Technical proficiency and the ability to understand and convey complex technical information in user-friendly terms.
- Basic knowledge of change management methodologies.
- Familiarity with digital workplace technologies and tools (Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Copilot…).
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams and stakeholders to ensure that the content is accurate and up-to-date.
ABOUT THE TEAM
You will experience an inclusive and unbiased recruitment process where all employment decisions are based on qualifications rather than race, color, ethnicity, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, and religion. We advise you not to attach a cover letter to your application but instead, we encourage you to write a few lines about why you are applying for the position in your resume/CV. Additionally we recommend you not to add a photo in your resume/CV.