Informed Solutions have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Writer to join the dynamic and growing team, winning some of the very best opportunities in the technology marketplace.
Informed Solutions is a leading international provider of digital transformation, technology, data analytics and systems integration services. Informed’s purpose is to create economic and social value by helping to build a more inclusive, fair, and safe society through ethical use of technology and data and investing in digital skills. With offices across the UK and Australia, Informed’s innovative and agile approach drives digital transformation for globally recognised brands across a number of industry sectors including: Government, Healthcare, Emergency Services, Utilities, Energy, Sustainable Land Asset Management, Transport and Logistics and more.
At Informed we don’t want to be an average business; we’ve worked hard to build up an enviable client list and want to recruit exceptional colleagues that are motivated by solving complex real-world problems and who share our values of innovation, excellence and integrity. We work exceptionally hard to build a team of friendly, talented and supportive people. We’ve won 2 Queens’ Awards for Innovation (2018 and 2022), and we are Great Place to Work certified (with a 91% trust index).
Bid Writer – The Role:
Our Business & Client Services Team are responsible for working closely and collaboratively with existing and potential clients, internal teams and alliance partners, positioning the Company at the forefront of its chosen markets and we are seeking an Senior Bid Writer to further augment our team.
As an experienced and proven Bid Writer, you will be professional, clear thinking, positive under pressure and results driven, with a ‘can do’ attitude that inspires respect from other leaders and professionals. We are looking to recruit a colleague who works well with others and shares the Company’s core professional values of innovation, excellence and integrity.
A winner of two Queen’s Awards for Innovation, Informed Solutions does not aspire to be an average business; we recruit exceptional colleagues, develop inspiring leaders and professionals, and have won an enviable client list. We are excited by people who are driven by achievement and are motivated by being part of a successful team that gets results.
Bid Writer – Key Responsibilities:
– Completing a full review of tender information, contract, and specification to understand the bid requirements, weightings, and scoring criteria for opportunities up to £50m
– Liaising with digital and data subject matter experts to obtain essential information and to design the overall solution
– Identifying win themes that are concise and consistent, with a compelling message throughout the bid for the client to clearly understand
– Writing bid responses to meet the solution design; establishing the authentic “voice” of the organisation so that responses resonate with the client
– Pushing responses to be the best they can be, utilising every resource available
– Commissioning new or amended content including standard responses as requirements change
– Reviewing and critiquing simpler bids written by others to ensure that across the organisation bid submissions are the best they can be
– Developing knowledge management for bids and ensuring that knowledge capital is maximised effectively and efficiently
– Ensuring collateral for bids is easily accessible and best reflects our services and abilities e.g. case studies, infographics etc
– Learning from bid feedback, ensuring continuous improvement of our proposition development and outcomes
Bid Writer – Essential attributes:
– Excellent business and persuasive writing skills, preferably with strong experience of writing about technical subject matter
– Degree education (Masters, 1st class or high 2:1), with 5+ years professional / commercial experience
– Bid management experience, preferably within B2B or professional services environment
– Thoroughness and a meticulous attention to detail.
– Ability to remain calm and confident, responding logically and decisively under pressure.
Bid Writer – Benefits:
– Robust accredited training opportunities
– Gym membership
– Directors discretionary profit share
– Private health care
– Paid sabbatical scheme
– Regular free lunch in the office
– Massage and meditation sessions
– Death in service
To submit your application for this Bid Writer position, please click ‘Apply’ now to be redirected to our website where you can find out more about us.