Team, Role and Challenge
Fleet Management Europe is a Webfleet Solutions line (part of the Bridgestone family) that combines our market presence across all European countries. You will be joining a team that mainly works for the “Enterprise and Alliances” segment with the line of business. The team’s mission is to create and provide relevant new products or product adaptations and extensions, and solutions that comply with local regulations and address the most relevant industries in the target markets.
The successful candidate will become part of an agile cross-functional team of highly skilled and motivated engineers. Together with this team and in collaboration with other teams in our product engineering organization, you will:
- discuss, define, and develop enhancement and adaptions of existing products as well as new products and services;
- create solution designs for and deliver complete sets of functionalities from backend to frontend; the key technical focus of the role will be more on the frontend, but depending on project requirements, you can step into other technical areas;
- work in a technically complex and sensitive environment, which will require you to build relevant functional knowledge about the products, technical knowledge about the platform’s stack and architecture;
- keep a keen eye on application performance, operability, robustness, monitoring and failure resilience, data privacy and the security of individual services and the whole system;
- take holistic responsibility, including ongoing functional and performance improvements, bug fixing and issue solving on the production instances of your applications and test automation as well as necessary configuration and data changes;
- be involved in enabling and rolling out a solution to drive the business of large or enterprise partners and customers on various levels;
- apply agile methods to organize your and your team’s work, make your planning and team performance transparent, and manage your stakeholders.
How to Become Successful in This Role?
To make a successful start in the Webfleet Solutions product engineering organization it will definitely help if you have a passion for software engineering, building products and tweaking systems.
The most important qualification that will make you successful in the longer term, is to have a “getting things done” attitude. No matter whether it is to implement a new feature, fix a bug in production, you tackle the problem and resolve it. Also, it will be of great help if you have as many as possible of the below:
- a degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience;
- great communication skills, holistic and systemic thinking, goal-orientation, quality-focus, versatile problem-solving skills, an open mind as well as at least 2 years of experience in commercial software development;
- good foundations of UX and graphic design
- fluency in English (written and spoken);
- a desire to work as part of an international organization and cooperate with other software engineers, system engineers, architects, product owners and external partners across multiple locations;
What can you expect?
- You will join an international team of technically highly skilled and engaged engineers.
- You will embark on an adventure in product engineering within a growing and changing business. Our product and engineering teams are based in five different European locations, and our standard business language is English.
- Our engineering culture is built upon the values of the agile manifesto. We strive to enable our teams to become highly productive and autonomous and empower individuals to become their own best selves.
- For us, engineering has a lot to do with ingenuity. We see engineers as creative problem solvers who enjoy going full-cycle: from problem definition through problem-solving and implementation to solution validation and delivery to users.
- We value attitudes such as proactive problem solving, open-mindedness, a good balance of long-term and short-term thinking, friendly professionalism, walking the talk, taking ownership, and leading your topic or domain.
- We value steady professionals who are looking to build their careers with us. We prefer to develop and promote our leaders from within, creating various opportunities for professional development and career advancement. We provide a technical and a more organizational career track and opportunities to try both if you are not sure.
- Expect projects and topics you work on to change fast at times. Expect to be fully responsible for your work and products. This includes all functional and non-functional aspects. Our product engineering teams perform necessary maintenance and technology upgrades for their products and components and are expected to contribute to our scalability and technology roadmap.
Let’s not forget the good stuff!
- Working from home up to 3 days a week.
- 500 euros gross to set up your home office and additional monthly home office allowance
- Chance to work abroad for 40 working days per year
- Birthday off and volunteering time off.
- Additional health and dental insurance.
- 100% employer funded pension scheme.
- Lunch or childcare vouchers.
- Formal training for new joiners + access to LinkedIn Learning
- Access to Gofluent platform to learn new languages.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Once you have earned the merits to warrant it, there will be the opportunity to attend training and conferences on the company budget.
- Annual performance reviews, personal development plans, and as much feedback as you want and can handle through regular 1:1 meetings.
- Private health insurance (including children and partner)
- Pension Plan
Who are we?
We are Bridgestone Mobility Solutions, and we are on a mission to move the world towards a sustainable future using data-driven mobility.
The high-value products and services we develop for fleets, original equipment manufacturers and governments make travel smoother, reduce congestion, increase accessibility, improve vehicle and road safety and cut carbon emissions.
Bridgestone Mobility Solutions is a Business Unit of the Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader in tyres and rubber, present in Europe, the Americas, Australia and Africa.
Webfleet is one of our lines of business within Bridgestone Mobility Solutions. A globally trusted fleet management solution, Webfleet analyses live data from hundreds of thousands of vehicles to help businesses boost fleet productivity, cut costs and increase safety.
Webfleet is used by more than 50,000 customers worldwide, providing them with the industry’s largest support network and the widest range of dedicated applications and integration tools.
For further information, please visit webfleet.com. Follow us on Twitter @WebfleetNews and Instagram @bridgestonemobilitysolutions. For more information about Bridgestone in EMIA, please visit www.bridgestone-emia.com and Bridgestone newsroom.
Want to join us?
If that’s a yes, then please apply to say hi. Complete the online form and attachments in English, please.
Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.