As Database Developer you are responsible for providing data to the central Information Management data warehouse in Milestone. You build the foundation that enables our ambition for Information Management: The ambition for Information Management in Milestone is to enable data-driven decisions based on validated data, making it easy for all business units to create material for decisions based on a shared truth, in compliance with data regulations and company policies.
Together with your team and working closely with our Center of Excellence for Power BI you will implement the mechanisms to include new or changed data sources to be used in tabular models and reporting.
Key responsibilities are:
• Design stable, reliable and effective database(s)
• Create/Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
• Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
• Ensure all database programs meet Business- and performance requirements
• Combine raw information from diverse sources
• Support build of data systems and pipelines
• Collaborate with Solution Architects and Database Engineers
Other responsibilities are:
• Ensuring that the solutions created are stable and well performing
• Ensuring that data are being managed according to the guidelines and business rules
• Ensuring that we continuously evaluate and use the appropriate technologies to ensure a modern as well as cost effective BI architecture
• Ensuring deliverables meet business expectations
• Ensuring “best practice” as a development Framework
The mission of IT is that together with our colleagues in the rest of Milestone we explore options; we solve problems by implementing solutions that add business value and drive scale. In short: We support Milestone’s growth while providing great services.
For Information management our ambition is to enable data-driven decisions based on validated data, making it easy for all business units to create material for decisions based on a shared truth, in compliance with data regulations and company policies.
Qualifications and preferred skills
You have a degree in Engineering or Computer Science with several year of experience from the IT industry and experience in a similar position as BI backend developer or Data Engineer. We also hope you will bring most of the following:
• Significant knowledge with SQL and Stored Procedures
• Data modelling (ER- and Dimensional models)
• Development practices within the DevOps framework (CI/CD)
• Data integration, interoperability, and Extract-Transform-Load processes from a diverse set of Sources
• Solid technical deliverables from teams delivering solutions based on data
• Knowledge on MS Power BI Tabular modelling & MS Power Tools
• Knowledge on solution Architecture within the Azure Framework
• Data and business intelligence use and processes in a global company
• Humor is part of your DNA
• Excellent communication skills and English skills at high level both verbally and in writing
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway.
At Milestone you will experience a positive and welcoming environment with a global and diverse culture. We are more than 40 different nationalities in the Danish office and English is the corporate language.
We have our own gym with all the equipment you need, private health insurance and additional benefits like fruit, lunch, free soft drinks, Friday bars and more.
If you want to develop your professional competencies we offer individual development plans, where you and your manager agree on the right learning path for you.
As our office is 5 minutes cycling from the nearest train station, we have bicycles that you can use.
We also have a flexible policy in terms of working from home.
Contact and application
Please apply at our website using the ”Apply” button.
If you have any questions for the position, please contact Engineering Manager, Information Management, Benny Damm at telephone +45 4074 0161.
We are reviewing resumes on a continuous basis and recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
Please note that the position is on-site at our headquarters in Brøndby, Denmark, and requires that you have a valid Danish work visa.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
At Milestone, your work goes beyond what the human eye can see. With our unique video technology software, you help people make wiser and more responsible decisions – in and beyond security. Whether you advance our software, inspire to new integrations, or elevate our customers, you are part of a growth company recognized by the industry. We have a unique people-first approach to everything we do, and it’s not just empty words. Being part of a fun, friendly, and flexible environment you’ll find, that working here almost feels like a home away from home.