Yubico, the inventor of the YubiKey (security key), makes secure login easy and available for everyone. Backed by major investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Meritech Capital, AMF, and Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce, the company was created by an inspirational female founder. Millions of individuals in over 160+ countries rely on the YubiKey to protect their accounts, and companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, and the U.S. State Government rely on our technology to keep their employees secure. We are a multinational, fast-growing company offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team. If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV in English.
At Yubico, we offer:
Yubico Values: We work to ensure that our employees have an open space to have their voices amplified to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels like they belong. Aligned with this, our employees have created some pretty cool Employee Resource Groups: YubiPride, YubiBIPOC, YubiSustainability and YubiWomen. Additionally, Yubico donates YubiKeys to organizations in need all over the world (you can read more about our work here).
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter, and we love spending time with our team! Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it’s through Yubico celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. We host an all-team event in a new location every year where we plan for upcoming quarters, set goals, and most importantly, host fun events to encourage team building outside of the workplace. Check out our Life at Yubico Page on LinkedIn and our awards here.
At Yubico, your work matters. You will look for ways to battle friction and create products that have a customer focus. You do the right thing, even when it is difficult. We work as one team by being open and responsive. We overcome challenges and celebrate success together. We strive to be nice, stay humble, and have fun. We want you to think big and be inspired!
Yubico is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to our YubiEnterprise Services. It is an Enterprise solution that customers use to easily procure, distribute, and manage YubiKey authentication solutions at scale. You should have a passion for building the platform for Enterprise-grade web applications. We are looking for a leader who is proactive, works well with and within teams, and has a desire to do things right. You will develop the platform to support products used by many top Enterprise companies and will get to see your work in use right away.
In this role you will be able to:
- Understand, enhance, maintain, and grow the platform that powers the YubiEnterprise Services
- Hone your skills in designing and developing a testable, scalable and globally-distributed web application that is used by a variety of Enterprise customers
- Experiment, create prototypes, and refine your work based on user feedback, industry standards, and business needs
- Work collaboratively across functions – Product Managers, UX designers, Support Engineers, Security, Infrastructure
- Work with a variety of technologies and increase your experience in many areas, ranging from cloud platform services, and REST design, to data compliance, and web security
- Work collaboratively with a tight-knit, multi-national development team to create well-architected software
- Participate in an on-call rotation and gain experience supporting business-critical Enterprise software
- Expand your mentoring and leadership skills by being an influential member of the development team
- 7+ years of software development experience (or equivalent)
- Proven experience building commercial server software on a cloud platform
- Experience with back-end software development: designing, building and testing web applications and REST APIs
- Experience working with relational databases
- Working experience designing and developing microservices on Unix-based platforms
- Experience leading projects and development of complex features
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with Go
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Redis
- Experience building and testing distributed systems
- Proficiency with one of the three major cloud platforms
- Web security experience
We are an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and uphold an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We’d love to learn about what you can add to our diverse team.
Yubico does not accept agency resumes or referrals so please do not send them to our careers staff or employees. Yubico is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes or referrals.
Personal data submitted through this form is used for managing Yubico’s recruitment activities, which include facilitating any application you make, setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing results and selecting candidates, and as otherwise needed in our recruitment and onboarding processes. The use of your personal data may also be necessary prior to entering into a contract with you (that is prior to offering you a job with Yubico). Your personal data will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with the Yubico Privacy Notice. We only keep your personal data for as long as necessary and in compliance with Yubico’s record retention policies. If you have asked us to, we will keep you informed of other opportunities at Yubico. We do this in various ways, including email and by phone. If at any time you do not want us to contact you or use your information as described herein please contact us at [email protected] to let us know and we will delete all such information. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to join our talent community, and if you do not agree to provide your data, we will not be able to consider you as part of our talent community.
As part of providing the requested service, we will transfer your data to be processed by Lever, Inc., a service provider contracted by Yubico AB and/or its subsidiaries that meets legally mandated privacy requirements. The Yubico Privacy Notice offers more information about Yubico privacy practices, including the lawful basis for processing of personal data, how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, and how to contact Yubico to exercise your data subject rights. In this notice, when we refer to “Yubico”, “us”, “we” or “our”, we mean the Yubico group company or companies that you apply to, or correspond with, and which are responsible for any personal data collected about you.