Sales Development Representative
Remote US/CA – EST/CST or Similar
What is TROOP, and why should I care?
It all starts with the question, “Where do we meet?”: Click here to see TROOP’s explainer video.
TROOP is a data aggregation and visualization technology that helps corporations identify the best meeting location in minutes using real-time data rather than opinions.
TROOP is on a mission to reinvent meeting planning, taking what is an inefficient, drawn out and laborious process today and making it simple and quick for anyone to organise a meeting. Workforces are now distributed, no longer office based everyday meaning that yesterday’s commuter has become tomorrow’s business traveler. Having up to date data to make the right decision on whether to meet in person, virtually or in a hybrid format is a must have for companies of any size however this has not been available to access dynamically from a single source until now the TROOP.
As companies focus on their environmental commitments they are turning to TROOP to help guide their teams as they aim to keep to carbon targets. The purpose of a meeting is more important than ever to understand and when approving a meeting, the costs and time spent traveling is key data to inform this investment decision. Staff wellness is key to optimising performance in today’s workforce and understanding the impact on staff when planning a meeting by understanding the range of time zones people are attending and the time spent traveling to attend the meeting allows for more thoughtful scheduling of the meeting and choice of location. We have ambitious goals to be the leading solution introducing an end-to-end experience including booking, taking our data to where the conversation is being had and much more.
Our culture is built on an African philosophy called “Ubuntu” which means “I am because we are”. It refers to an environment of interdependence; the state of being dependent upon one another – Trust. We call ourselves TROOPers and we are people that are seeking adventure, who challenge the status quo, that enjoy innovating and want to be part of something special. We are doers, people that roll up our sleeves and get into the details, we own the problem and don’t stop until it is solved.
We are looking to hire a Sales Development Representative (SDR) that can identify and deliver qualified opportunities consistently for the Account Executives. This includes qualification of all inbound and outbound leads via the phone, web, email, corporate/industry events, and marketing campaigns.
What you will be responsible for:
- Delivering new business to TROOP through your own territory.
- Building your knowledge of TROOP’s value proposition and how this is delivered, competitors, and the outcomes our customers seek from our solutions.
- Achieving/exceeding weekly and monthly metrics (appointments, demos, qualified leads, new contacts, conversations of value, etc.).
- Confidently overcoming objections and facing the challenges that come with prospecting and calling head-on and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- Clearly and crisply communicate TROOP’s value propositions to key decision-makers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with sales, product, client success and marketing teams through clear, confident communication. Work professionally and effectively to build strong cross-functional partnerships internally.
- Taking a strategic and creative approach to optimise the returns from your territory using the tools provided and proactively suggest new tools that will improve performance.
- Bringing your energy and enthusiasm to TROOP every day.
- Resilience and determination to succeed.
- 1-2 years of sales experience, with a history of exceeding lead targets that go onto to close
- Salesforce, Outreach, Sales Navigator experience or similar tools is a must as you will use everyday
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as you will be emailing and talking to prospects everyday
- Experience selling high ticket value SaaS products and Travel/Event industry experience is a plus
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within sales and the wider organisation over time
At TROOP, you will enjoy the following:
- Fair pay based on qualifications, experience, and fit for the role.
- The ability to work from anywhere (WFA within our standard time-zones)
- Being part of the initial team of a fast growing technology company
- An incredible team and value-driven culture.. See here: https://youtu.be/14zv5h3Fakg
- Being part of a fast-growing technology company which is supported by top investors
- The possibility to join our Stock Option Plan