Lodgify is a fast-growing startup focused on building vacation rental software that enables property owners and managers to independently manage and market their business online. We are an international team of more than 240 people and 50 different nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, and we’ve been featured twice in Wired’s 100 Hottest European startups list.
⭐ About the role
At Lodgify, quality comes first. We constantly challenge ourselves to find innovative ways to ensure a delightful experience for our users. Quantifying and monitoring the relevant characteristics of all the business domains that comprises the platform is crucial to ensure we can provide the best experience for our customers.
We want to increase our business observability capabilities by ensuring that each business domain within the platform count with accurate metrics, that depicts the health of the domain at hand, and precise alerting to quickly identify when something deviates from the norm. We are on the lookout for a platform engineer to help us build the foundations towards effective business observability and enable the rest of squads to iterate and fully harness this new capability, to ensure the right levels of quality in the platform.
🧞♂️ What you will be doing
- Participate in discovery workshops aimed to identify business critical metrics
- Provide your expertise during discovery phase to ensure the outcome is detailed enough to articulate the development needed to meet the goals
- Connect with tech leads and leverage their business/technical domain knowledge to ensure we are gathering the metrics in an accurate way
- Introduce code in different applications to gather the relevant business metrics
- Identify areas of improvement in the codebase to increase the accuracy of the business metrics
- Build meaninful dashboards that helps the squads understand how the key characteristics of their business domains behave
- Provide relevant alerts on top of the gathered business metrics, to notify the squads when a key aspect of their domain is not performing as expected
- Ensure that all the business observability code, artifacts and knowledge stays with the squad, to empower them to iterate on them to meet quality and reliability targets
- Work as enabler to introduce this new capability in other squads
- Document the relevant aspects of business observability implementation at Lodgify
- Run workshops to spread knowledge about the advantages of business observability and the proper implementation to empower squads to assimiliate this new capability and get the most of it
- Support squads in their business observability implementations and further iterations
- Be a point of contact to support business observability implementation in the different business domains of the platform.
- Minimum 3 yearsof experience in BE development in total
- Minimum 1 year of experience with C# & .Net Core
- HTTP, REST and .NET Web API
- Good grip on SOLID principles
- Good knowledge of Domain-Driven Design
- SQL and Entity Framework
- Good analysis skills to understand existing code
- Good level of spoken and written English.
Good to have:
- Unit testing experience
- Experience working in a microservices environment
- Business observability experience
- Worked with prometheus and grafana to extract, visualize metrics and alert on deviations.
– Work from home flexibility.
– Permanent contract with a competitive salary.
– 25 working days of paid vacation.
– Private health insurance (that includes travel insurance, dental plan, and psychologist)
– Monthly meal stipends of 150€.
– Allowance for your home-office setup.
– Computer and gadgets for your daily work.
– Free Spanish classes.
– Referral program with paid compensation.
– Daily breakfast at the office: Coffee, sandwiches, cookies, fruits and much more!
– Opportunities for growth and development with a training budget.
– Great culture & working environment with an international team of over 40 different nationalities.
– Jornada Intensiva in August.
– Mental well-being.
– Regular team-building events and activities.
– Training and mentorship program.
– Yearly performance reviews.
– Sick leave fully covered.
⭐ Why you’ll love us:
You’ll be part of a growing, dynamic company with a truly international team. At Lodgify, we are full of contagious energy, hard work, and passion for what we do. Lodgify is committed to creating a workplace where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.
We are proud to have an international team that acknowledges a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At Lodgify, we celebrate diversity and difference, and we are strongly committed to building an inclusive environment for all our employees.
All applications must be submitted in English. Applications in any other language will not be considered.