Web & Device Analyst
Barnes & Noble is looking for people with vision and energy to help us in our quest to change the future of reading. We are the world’s largest bookseller and one of the world’s fastest growing digital media and consumer technology companies with annual revenues near $7 billion.
We are headquartered in New York City with our NOOK design and development offices located in Palo Alto, California. In the last several years we have transformed ourselves to the only content retailer with a fully operational multi-channel strategy.
Our businesses include the nation’s highest rated and most heavily trafficked specialty retail stores, digital content and hardware sales through our exploding NOOK brand, college bookstores, and online retailing through BN.com.
We are investing in all of our business initiatives, so the opportunities to make an impact have never been greater.
We are looking for a strategic business analyst that will play a key role in understanding our customers and business drivers.* Your focus will be in helping business owners make optimal strategic decisions, both for lines of business and the enterprise.* This position will provide business leadership and analysis across multiple types of on- and off-line shopping and media consumption.* We are looking for a business professional who thrives on making an impact, quick decision making, continuous optimization, and driving an analysis from problem identification to analysis to recommendation.
- Provide strategic and analytic support to executive leadership for P&L management, modeling the impact of pricing, merchandising and marketing to the organization.
- Develop key performance indicators and reporting for global markets.
- Manage publishing reporting to provide business trends and key insights.
- Drive strategic customer insight around customer lifecycle, profitable customer behaviors, churn reduction, etc.
- Development of forecasts and analysis across multiple areas of the Barnes & Noble online business, including eBooks, digital readers, new product line introductions, etc.
- Model and forecast revenue and profit across multiple scenarios for strategic planning.
- Analyze the data and make recommendations to upper management.
- Development of key drivers and metrics which later roll up into standardized reporting and dashboards.
- 2+ years work experience (experience in consulting/strategy/analytics preferred).
- Experience with managerial finance, direct/database marketing, and business forecasting.
- Experience coding in SQL and experience with large data sets is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or a quantitative discipline/ MBA a plus
- Web analytics experience preferred.
- Some experience with econometric forecasting/regression/modeling preferred.
- Previous experience with e-Commerce or retail preferred.
Barnesandnoble.com LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
1167 total views, 1 today