Internship Wayfair Internship (Berlin) (m/f)
Internship information: 40h/week (full-time) for 6 months
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Your internship will be in one of the key functions across the business dependent on a combination of your interests, skills and experience.
These are the hiring teams at the moment:
We currently operate in Germany and the UK and aim to offer an unparalleled selection of great value products for the home, paired with excellent customer experience. Each Category Management team is responsible for a specific vertical (e.g., lighting, décor, bedding, kitchen), knowing the respective market / industry, and maintaining relationships with suppliers. By working with key suppliers on a daily basis, the team’s ultimate objective is to grow the category by expanding the selection on our website, aligning promotions and operations, merchandising, and marketing activities with the respective teams, and ensuring price competitiveness throughout the catalog. Cross-functional collaboration is key in this role, since the category management teams are in daily contact with internal teams to advance the aforementioned business drivers.
Requirement: German and/or Polish speaker
Our Marketing team fuels growth by introducing new customers to Wayfair and driving engagement from our loyal customer base. We drive profitable top line revenue growth by making investments that will drive the greatest return for the business and leveraging our understanding of the customer to drive the overall business strategy. We work cross-functionally with Engineering and Product Management teams to build our own ad tech platforms and partner closely with innovative companies in the tech space such as Google and Facebook to test and explore new opportunities. As an intern, you’ll be assigned to a specific channel (e.g. Search, Display, Email, Social Media etc.) helping drive ad tech development, and growing the business.
The merchandising department is responsible for the creation and maintenance of our product catalogs. We add tens of thousands of new products each month, both for limited-time events and for ongoing product selection. We also continually improve the catalog – fixing issues and increasing the content to improve customer experience in a joint effort with our suppliers. Our goal is to provide inspirational and engaging content to drive customer engagement and increase conversion. We also understand where the customer is shopping on site – where they are most / least engaged through the funnel, and we create customized landing pages based on an analytical approach, supported by new merchandising tools.
Requirement: German Speaker
Supply Chain Operations
Wayfair’s Supply Chain Operations team is revolutionizing customer delivery experience through innovation. The team has a broad scope, including Supplier Performance and Operations Analytics. The team develops and executes data-driven transformational strategies to generate game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction. Roles are highly cross-functional and cover strategy, analytics, and hands on execution. Success relies on innovative problem solving, strong business acumen, quantitative skills, and collaboration with external and internal partners. At Wayfair, Supply Chain & Logistics is an area of strategic differentiation offering countless opportunities and rewarding experiences across career paths.
Requirement: German Speaker
Our Talent Department consists of Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and Learning & Development teams. Our specialized Talent Acquisition team is at the heart of our business, providing recruitment consultation and support to every area of our growing European operation. This role will keep you on your toes, from managing communication with internal and external stakeholders, sourcing candidates, scheduling international interviews and supporting time critical projects and events - you will be multi-tasking from the moment you walk in the door! The Wayfair Recruiting team is strategic to the company’s overall success as we continue to grow at approximately 50% a year. Talent Management is responsible for creating greater efficiency with the use of our technology, developing processes that impact our candidates and employees, analyzing and developing programs and benefits that are laser-focused and considered best-in-class, and retention of our high caliber talent. Our Learning & Development team makes sure our employees are always acquiring new knowledge and honing their skills. They offer a massive catalog of trainings, ranging from classes in MySQL to teaching you how to manage your time and moving beyond the to-do list.
Detailed responsibilities will vary by team, however typical responsibilities include:
- Cultivating and strengthening relationships with internal and external partners and vendors
- Testing new innovative ideas and analyzing trends
- Researching categories and vendors to build out selection
- Identifying new, profitable opportunities for targeting and segmentation
- Using creative strategy and data to communicate efficiently
- Targeting opportunity areas and recommending solutions to drive results
- Developing strategies for priority initiatives and lead implementations
- Utilizing web analytics tools to analyze and optimize performance
- Collaborating frequently with other Wayfair departments
- Strong academic background in a Business, Technical or related field
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and a desire to improve processes
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Fluency in English and German, an additional European language (such as Polish, French or Spanish) would be a plus
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Excel
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Enthusiastic, with proven ability to quickly get up to speed
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A company culture driven by pioneer thinking and talent that moves between departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks and drinks every day!
- Discounted lunch program
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
How to ApplyIs this job for you? Apply here https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ohMP6fwI&s=Berlin_Tech_Job_Fair_2018
369 total views, 1 today