Full-timeVP Engineering – Engineering lead
As the VP of Engineering you will lead and inspire the mobile and backend engineering teams to deliver cutting edge education technology products. You’ll work with the CTO, CEO, Head of Product, and engineers.
You’ll write and manage code deployment, manage our development team and guide architecture and delivery of our iOS, Android, and backend products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering great consumer software products focused on incredible customer experiences.
– “Hands-on” development in addition to management skills. 50% coding/development and 50% management; must have active, recent coding experience at production level.
– Manage a team of 6 software engineers (and growing), including task planning, execution and code reviews.
– Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
– Champion engineering excellence, establishing metrics and assessment processes
Refine the development processes to reduce problems in the code and increase efficiency.
– Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
– Have a passionate drive for creating impacting education technologies
– Can attract and recruit engineer talents to build and grow the team in the near future
– BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field. PhD is preferred (not required)
– Have 7+ years of experience in building technical products, and managing teams
– Experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
– Experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management
– High proficiency and technical leadership in English and Portuguese (later not required)
– Experience developing and shipping iOS and Android apps in consumer space
– Experience working with a Python stack, but flexibility to work with other languages as well.
What we offer:
– Competitive salary according to seniority
– Company laptop
– Flexible working hours
– Ample room to grow professionally
– Pure American startup experience
– Office in a very centric district of Lisbon
How to ApplySend us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
174 total views, 1 today