Full-timeSystems Engineer (m/f)
Bonial.com operates the leading location-based shopping platform worldwide, with a complementary portfolio of brands and products to connect shoppers with their favourite local stores and brands. Reaching 25 million users each month, our brands focus on all stages of the shopping journey: discovering deals, following favourite stores, creating shopping lists and ultimately making a trip to the store.
We enjoy working on DevOps because we are in the centre of IT. The skills and tools that we and you need or will learn are very broad. We are passionate about automation and infrastructure-as-code. Because of these skills we are highly respected, and other teams constantly seeking advice and even taking internships with us.
– You working very closely with development teams (either in DevOps or in NoOps mode) and ensuring system engineer’s best practices.
– Sharing knowledge, developing solutions, consulting on operating systems and building the best CI/CD and deployment system for the team, thus closing the gap between plain development and system engineering.
– You are responsible for the smooth operation of the Bonial platform, which operates in several countries including Germany, France and USA.
– For new projects, you will kickstart the infrastructure by using tools like AWS, Terraform, Cloudformation, Spinnaker, Kubernetes, Rancher.
– You will use the AWS service portfolio in order to deal with scalability, high availability and monitoring strategies.
– You always strive for automation, monitoring, logging and sharing your results with others following practices like Chat-ops
– You already worked in an agile environment and are familiar with Scrum and/or Kanban
– You love to work with Linux based systems
– General interest in Security topics
– You share our passion for having everything in code and automated
– You look forward to working with AWS services
– You are used to configuration management systems (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt or the likes)
– You feel at home in the shell and can script with languages like Bash/Python/Ruby/…
– You are also passionate about monitoring (Icinga experience would be nice)
– Experience with SQL, especially PostgreSQL would be a plus
CDN experience via Akamai is a plus
– Nice to have – Certification (CISSP), ISO27000
– You are fluent in spoken and written English, German is not a must
Currently we work with:
– AWS (from plain ec2 to data pipelines and Lambda we are using most of the services offered and try out new ones to learn their benefits), terraform, Jenkins, Slack (integrating a lot of our tools with it, see Chat-ops), Spinnaker, Puppet,, Cloudformation, Spinnaker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker (in addition to ecs)…
– Go, Ruby, Groovy, Python…
You can expect
– to be the next member of a young and international team with people from 35+ countries.
– to contribute and learn new things, every day!
– room to grow: you’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and take on real responsibilities
– a friendly, laid-back work atmosphere with lots of after-work activities and events
How to ApplyPlease visit www.bonial.com/careers or copy and paste the following link: http://smrtr.io/pFIe4w
226 total views, 1 today