Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
Meet WhaleShark Media, Inc. and many more companies currently recruiting at the TechStartupJobs Fair on 29 November 2012, NYC. Register here!
Our portfolio of coupon and deal websites includes www.RetailMeNot.com, the largest online coupon site in the U.S.; www.VoucherCodes.co.uk, the largest online coupon site in the UK; www.Deals.com in Germany; http://web.Bons-de-Reduction.com in France; www.Deals2Buy.com; www.CouponSeven.com; and www.CouponShare.com.
WhaleShark Media’s mission is to help consumers save money and enjoy a hassle-free discount shopping experience.
Our motto is “Every Deal. Every Customer. Everywhere.”
Sr.Software Engineer (Java)
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced technical expert in enterprise Java to join the WhaleShark Media development team as a senior software engineer.
As a senior software engineer on the team, you will be leading a team to work on building new enterprise applications and consumers products. You will work with other engineers, product managers, and business owners to create applications and services to solve a wide variety of business problems.
To qualify you will need to be a talented Java engineer experienced in multi-tiered Web applications and possess the ability to act as a technical lead throughout the development process.
- Contribute to the overall system design, architecture, scalability, reliability and performance of enterprise Java applications.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Implement the most complicated and business critical parts of the system.
- Coach less experienced engineers on software engineering techniques, process and new technologies.
- Evaluate and adopt new technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of Java application development experience.
- Rock solid understanding of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- Expertise in the lingua franca of enterprise apps: Java, SQL, HTML, XML, JSON.
- Excellent knowledge of relational database concepts and data modeling.
- Experience with open source technologies such as Spring, myBatis, Freemarker, Solr and RabbitMQ.
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as GIT, Maven, JIRA, JUnit, TeamCity, Confluence or similar.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Rewards: We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of WhaleShark Media include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Equity grants
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service.
- Very competitive benefits packages
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
If you are interested in our Sr. Software Engineer (Java) role, please visit us atwww.WhaleSharkMedia.com or apply online athttp://WhaleSharkMedia.com/careers.html
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at WhaleShark Media are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Register below to attend the TechStartupJobs Fair and meet with this recruiter and many more!
7251 total views, 3 today