Full-timeSoftware Development Engineer II
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Forcepoint is recognised as a Market & Technology Leader in NGFW, CASB, DLP and Cross Domain Cyber Solutions and is a pioneer in anti-evasion defences and high-availability clustering. The Cork team will be part of a global team that develops and innovates upon Forcepoint’s Windows and Mac Endpoint product to scale to tens of thousands of endpoints.
Position: Software Development Engineer II
Location: Cork, Ireland
Forcepoint is building a new world class Cloud Engineering/Development organisation in Cork, Ireland. The Cork team will be part of a global team that develop and operate cloud services and applications scaling to meet the needs of hundreds of millions of Forcepoint users.
The successful candidate will have a strong passion for technology, be open minded and have strong technical skills to help solve and troubleshoot large scale deployments. The successful candidate will have good organisational skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills, working well with others across group and department boundaries.
- Participates in detailed design activities by analysing requirements and high-level designs.
- Develop prototype versions of cloud services and applications.
- Design, document and create unit tests for production level code.
- Assist in the scheduling process by breaking down EPICs and providing estimates for stories and tasks.
- Interface and work well with other engineering groups as part of day to day activities.
- Code, review and maintain software for Cloud Services and Application of significant size and complexity working from written requirements and architectural specifications.
- Extend and improve test automation across functional and performance boundaries.
- Solves production issues that need reproduction, root cause analysis, and coding.
- Mentors and provides technical assistance to interns.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Prior experience working in a commercial development environment: best practices for development, agile, schedules, processes, defect management, code management & continuous integration environments & formal quality practices.
- Demonstrated experience developing code for multi-threaded applications on Linux and competent in the concepts of threads, processes, concurrency and locking.
- Demonstrated experience developing on a Linux/Unix platform.
- Demonstrated experience in networking concepts and technologies for cloud.
Nice to have
- Knowledge and development experience in AWS, Azure or other Public Cloud providers
- Public Cloud certification
- Experience automating Public Cloud deployments using both IaaS and PaaS capabilities
- Demonstrated experience developing and using RESTful API interfaces
- Knowledge of scripting languages and Linux platform tools like bash, perl, awk, sed and grep.
- Knowledge of large enterprise networking environments.
- Experience working with large enterprise customers.
- Demonstrated experience in C/C++ development on Linux/Unix.
- Experience with Python
- Data storage experience across technologies such as RDBMS, Key/Value Stores and NoSQL
- Experience working in Java environments with technologies such as Containers, Servlets, Spring.
- Understanding of security concepts: encryption, secure application development, defensive programming, software vulnerabilities and exploits, general issues in web security.
What You Can Expect
At Forcepoint, you have the opportunity to join a startup environment with the comfort of a world class established organisation behind you. We have a brand new office facility in the city centre and offer a competitive range of benefits including: Pension, Healthcare, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Tuition Assistance, Sports & Social Club, Commuter Rail & Bus Tax Saver Scheme, Bike to Work Scheme, Employee Referral Bonus Payments, Sabbatical Programme and Volunteering Hours.
Highly competitive compensation and benefits are just the beginning. We promise A Big Investment in You — you'll also get all the training and support you need to succeed and grow your career.
Our values are who we are…
Trustworthy | Respectful | Collaborative | Innovative | Accountable | Relentless
…and drive everything we do.
*Applicants must hold either an appropriate Stamp 4 Irish work visa or EU/UK passport prior to application.
How to ApplyPlease send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
231 total views, 1 today