Senior Java Engineer
Want to join the new London startup backed by the Skype founder and Spotify funders? Join a fun group of top engineers, seasoned entrepreneurs, and taxi drivers on our office on a boat on the Thames for the adventure of a lifetime.
We’re changing personal transportation, making people’s lives easier, and opening up a multi-billion dollar market in the process. This is your chance to join a company on the verge of making it big.
You’re a Java virtuoso, a programmer’s programmer. Demanding, mission-critical, high-transactional environments are your specialty. You know how to build a infrastructures that scale, and you’ve got the scars to prove it. You’re a top communicator, and have earned the respect of your colleagues through exceptional technical expertise, hard-won experience building scalable systems, and a ‘can do’ attitude.
This is a ‘roll up your sleeves’ engineering position with the chance to help shape the foundations of a global infrastructure.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Expert Java development experience and talent (minimum 5 years senior development experience).
- Extensive commercial experience in Java Server (J2EE) applications with a focus on high performance, multi-threading, message based, and mission-critical applications.
- Experience working with RabbitMQ in a demanding environment prized.
- Experience with GIS (Data and Routing Engines), payments, and real-time optimisation problems highly desired.
- Experience with agile techniques, short development cycles, and test driven development.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to research, understand, and apply new tools and technologies quickly.
- Experience with “C” and/or android development a plus, but not required
- Technologies: Java 1.6, MYSQL 5.0, Tomcat / Jetty, Web services, RabbitMQ, Spring 3.0, Hibernate, AWS.
- Passion and enthusiasm to change the world.
Very attractive salary and generous stock option package with uncapped potential. Ride in style with a significant Hailo cab allowance.
Hailo is taking the world’s major cities by storm in 2012. In less than three months since our launch to consumers, Hailo has rave reviews (check out the App Store, Android Market or search Twitter for @HailoCab), real revenues, and explosive growth.
We’ve raised $3M in seed funding from Wellington Partners and Atomico Ventures, along with top Angel investors in London and San Francisco.
How to ApplyMeet the team at the TechStartupJobs fair on the 18th of Jan to discuss this and other exciting opportunities. Or click on the 'Apply Online' button below.
1867 total views, 1 today