Senior Front End Developer (JS/HTML/CSS)
Barnes & Noble’s eCommerce group is looking for people with
vision and energy to help us in our quest to change the future of
reading.* We are the world’s largest bookseller and one of the
world’s fastest growing digital media and consumer technology
companies with annual revenues near $7 billion. *
Our businesses include the nation’s highest rated and most heavily
trafficked specialty retail stores, digital content and hardware
sales through our exploding NOOK(tm) brand, college bookstores, and
online retailing through BN.com.
We are investing in all of our business initiatives, so the
opportunities to make an impact have never been greater.
Our Content Engineering Team is looking to add a Senior Developer.
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in the standard
HTML/CSS/JS stack, have an eye for detail, believe in the concept
of code as craft, and share a passion for experimentation and
tinkering in all aspects of the web development sphere.
This is a unique opportunity to join an established, well-known
company that’s just begun designing and developing a new web
presence for their millions of customers!
- You’ll be working on our cart and checkout experience, search
and product pages, and the widgetized architecture that underpins
our soon to be billion dollar online eCommerce business.
- Actively contribute to the overall design and architecture of
overall web platform solutions.
- Develop responsive and elegant cross-platform functionality for
- Implement complex creative concepts within a responsive-design
- Research new technologies and approaches to address business
needs and improve existing systems.
- 8+ years experience in web based application development.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, cross-browser CSS and
- Knowledge of cross-browser limitations and workarounds.
closures, event-driven communication, inheritance strategies, and
- Experience working with UI templates, particularly in a
Java-based development environment – JSP/JSTL, Facelets, Tiles,
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical management skills – be able to work
independently as well as part of a team.
- Experienced technical team lead.
- Computer Science or engineering background.
Nice to have’s:
- Experience with Agile/TDD and front-end testing
- General familiarity with the Java language.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
*Barnesandnoble.com LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1467 total views, 1 today