Full-timeSenior DevOps Engineer (m/f) for S/4HANA SAP Cloud Platform Enablement Unit
SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP S/4HANA as SAP’s next generation business suite lies at the core of SAP’s strategy. The S/4HANA SAP Cloud Platform Enablement team is a group within the S/4HANA organization that works on innovative Cloud applications and services in the context of SAP S/4HANA, built on SAP’s extension platform SAP Cloud Platform. At the same time, we also enable our partners and customers to innovate in the cloud and integrate seamlessly with our core products.
Your mission as a Senior DevOps Engineer is to work with other developers across the globe to realize their app ideas more quickly and with technologies they admire.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As Senior DevOps Engineer you will:
– Develop and operate multiple high-quality Cloud applications on the SAP Cloud Platform in DevOps mode (SCP)
– Contribute to and extend the S/4HANA Cloud SDK with new concepts, technologies and blueprints in the context of continuous delivery and software quality.
– Support development teams to build their own applications on SCP using the S/4HANA Cloud SDK (e.g. with respect to on-boarding, tool adoption, continuous delivery and quality)
– Support learning sessions and on-site workshops for SAP Cloud Platform development
– Support a community of SAP Cloud Platform development teams to facilitate knowledge transfer
– Interact with stakeholders to gather relevant information, feedback and ensure continuous improvement
– Be passionate about adopting new cloud technologies and paradigms
You will become part of a very talented and growing agile development team that constantly improves the state of the art for high-quality SaaS applications and services for internal developers, customers and partners worldwide. You work hand-in-hand with selected SAP partners and customers to validate working hypothesis and build exactly the features they require. In addition, you are acting as a thought leader to topics such as continuous delivery and DevOps based on your vast practical experience and are able to communicate the ideas, concepts and methods across our stakeholders. Finally, you constantly keep track of the state-of-the-art of CD pipeline and software quality trends to inspire the team of trying out new methods.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
– Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
– Strong expertise in building and maintaining scalable build pipelines with Jenkins and project build infrastructures with Maven and/or Gulp
– Strong experience in quality assurance through heavy automation and various tools included in this process (e.g., security, performance, static code and unit/e2e tests)
– Deep understanding of the concepts of continuous delivery and continuous integration
– Understanding of operational challenges such as capacity planning, load balancing and infrastructure monitoring
– Strong communication skills to manage relationship between development, operations, and infrastructure
– Strong experience with pipeline as code environments (e.g., Jenkins)
– Additional experience in CD environments such as ConcourseCI, Drone, or GoCD
– Practical experience with novel, high-efficiency approaches such as Feature Toggling, In-Production QA, etc.
– Knowledge on SAP Cloud Platform and in-memory data management
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with at least 3-5 years project experience in building and supporting an automated continuous delivery pipeline of an agile software development project.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at Careers.Germany@sap.com. Requests for reasonable
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to ApplyPlease apply online at https://jobs.sap.com/job/WalldorfSt_-Leon-Rot-Senior-DevOps-Engineer-for-for-S4HANA-SAP-Cloud-Platform-Enablement-Unit-Job-BW/344264801/
379 total views, 1 today