Senior Android Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Location: London, United Kingdom
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
We are looking for people excited in the future of interconnected devices. If you have masses of Android experience that fairs very well. We expect a healthy interest in Android but we will work to train up experienced java developers with limited experience in the Android platform as long as you are prepared to learn like crazy!
We represent the very best of the Android platform in every incarnation. We develop desirable software with manufacturers such as Sony and Motorola and high growth companies such as Podio and Songkick. Working with Novoda’s years of Android expertise guarantees superb products especially when there are already high expectations from existing platform alternatives. We also organise the London Android user group and the London arm of Droidcon. We are a startup and what we are changes daily, we need people to push through the change and take both us and the Android community in general to the next level.
You are interested in working in a small team of 11 here in central London. We are all hackers. We love software development and encourage it getting done really well. Although we specialise in the platform, we care about all technologies and the future of our industry. If you want a challenge and want to work in the best possible company for the future of Android development, lets chat.
Your proposed role
We are more interested in the right people than shoe horning in people for a defined feature set. At Novod, software developers move around between projects over time and are usually on a project for around 2-4 months and then there are new responsibilities. On each project where there are 2+ developers, one of the developers will be assigned the “Senior Developer” moniker, acts as the primary point of contact regarding the software aspects of the project, and makes key decisions about the way the software is developed. The senior developer is the technical manager of that project and makes key architectural decisions. The senior developer is also responsible for ensuring the project follows the developer guidelines regarding code style, reuse, DRY, test coverage, etc.
Efficiently build the best software possible according to the project’s quality needs
- Craft great code!
- Help us innovate in processes to make the process of Android development better
- Reduce duplication across methods, classes, packages, and projects.
- Focus on readability & maintainability as much as getting the code to work
- Use shared libraries where possible and sensible following strategy clarified by the CTO
- Take a default position for all non-UI classes of writing unit tests for all methods (it takes time but less than debugging later)
- Suggest improvements of team processes to Build Manager and CTO – Build server, project structure, QA, etc
- Ensure code reaches the project’s quality bar (lint, tests, bug reports, device support etc)
- Producing project time estimates for the sales team
- Never write bad code – if time is short, better to miss a deadline than store up problems for us & the client later
- Attend on-site client meeting & occasionally perform training/mentoring/handover
- Alert the Resource Manager if they are unable to do client work they have been assigned to on a specific day (so the client is not charged)
Success Measured By
- Team relationships
- Broken builds
- Crash reports in release builds
- Customer satisfaction
Register below to attend the TechStartupJobs Fair and meet with this recruiter and many more!
220 total views, 1 today