Ruby Developer (Permanent)
Meet notonthehighstreet.com and many more companies currently recruiting at the TechStartupJobs Fair on 11 September 2012, London and online at Elance. Register here!
We’re looking for Ruby developers to work as part of our technical team at notonthehighstreet.com in Richmond. As a developer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team composed of technical, creative, business development, user experience and marketing professionals.
Becoming part of a diverse team, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills (fluent English is a must), are well organised, detailed and accurate, can work quickly to tight deadlines and have the ability to work with junior or non-technical members of the wider notonthehighstreet.com team.
In return, we offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where we value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. You’ll work on a variety of projects on our award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement, for example internationalisation, mobile sites and partner tools.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills, both technically & non-technically
- Keen software engineering approach and very good Object Oriented Design ability
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyze it and solve problems not faced before
- Mobile web and/or native development
- TDD and Object Oriented Design skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Champion of modern development practices and tools, eg. Continuous Delivery with Jenkins, Source Control with Git, BDD with Cucumber
- Previous Ecommerce experience would also be beneficial
- Website and user experience design awareness would be an advantage
- You’ll need a technical background, with a strong Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degree
The site brings together over 3,000 independent small UK businesses that combined sell over 50,000 products through a single checkout. We offer an affordable route to market for thousands of designer-makers and creative businesses who otherwise struggle for custom and can lose out in the wholesale battle with high street giants. Each business has been carefully chosen by notonthehighstreet.com for its innovative, well-made products to inspire shoppers looking for style, originality and quality, but who never seem to find it on the high street.
Thousands of items are available to buy from a choice of departments – home & garden, women, men, baby & child, gifts, fashion and weddings – as well as dedicated collections which highlight the best products and gift ideas for key occasions including Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Christmas.
At notonthehighstreet.com we’re passionate about working with talented, dedicated, creative people with exceptionally high standards; people who are committed to their roles, their careers and to the company. Above all we’re passionate about supporting small businesses and delivering a first-class experience to all our customers.
Register below to attend the TechStartupJobs Fair and meet with this recruiter and many more!
9893 total views, 1 today