Full-timeReact.Js Web Engineer
We’re looking for a Web Frontend Engineer with experience in React.JS to join our Barcelona Product and Engineering Team, extending and maintaining our web application for a growing user base.
You will be helping us to introduce React.JS in our web application stack which will allow us to develop highly performant and interactive user interfaces to our users. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You take great care of page speed and performance for a great user experience and high SEO performance. You will build reusable components and front-end libraries for new user-facing features as well as for future use.
Our product team is multidisciplinary with design, frontend and backend engineering combined. You’re passionate about the web, code quality, and like to face new challenges.
You will work with a group of fun and energetic engineers. We are very passionate about building highly scalable, reliable, available and high performance products.
For this position we’re looking for specific skills in
– You have thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles along with popular frameworks such as Redux/React Router
– You have experience with isomorphic React
– You are familiar with newer specifications of EcmaScript
– You have experience with common front-end development tools and technology such as Webpack, immutable.js, Jest, Babel, GraphQL, PWA, AMP, Typescript, NPM, etc.
– A knack for benchmarking and optimization
– You have an eye for design and translating them in to components using SASS/styled components
– You know how to communicate with RESTful APIs
– You have experience or want to learn Python/Django to feed your components with data
General skills & requirements
– You have completed a computer science or software engineering degree and have at least 5 years of demonstrable work experience.
– The position is in-house at our Barcelona office. You would need a valid work permit as we cannot sponsor visas. We can help with relocation assistance though!
– You’re a team player and work well with other teams in the company such as product/design.
– Your code is well structured, documented and tested.
– You are meticulous about design and user experience because you want to deliver the best service to your customers.
– You are used to with different agile methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban/XP and you are also comfortable with evolving processes.
– You know how to use version control systems, such as Mercurial/Git and are familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools.
– You know how to use Unix systems and command line tools.
– You love new challenges and are eager to solve new problems.
– Great level of written and spoken English (our Engineering Team is in Barcelona but we work in English).
– You love dogs!
What we´re offering
– Work on a product that matters. One of the best 2017 apps by Apple.
– Competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
– Opportunity to deliver your best work, positively impacting thousands of dog owners, sitters and dogs!
– Solid team where everyone’s perspective counts.
– Dog (and human) friendly office!
– Health insurance.
– Weekly company breakfast.
– Bi-monthly social outing
– Employee discounts on DogBuddy (as a dog owner or dog sitter).
How to Applyhttps://careers.dogbuddy.com/o/reactjs-web-engineer
386 total views, 3 today