Full-timeQA Engineer II
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance.
Forcepoint is recognised as a Market & Technology Leader in NGFW, CASB, DLP and Cross Domain Cyber Solutions and is a pioneer in anti-evasion defences and high-availability clustering.
Forcepoint is building a new world class Cloud Engineering/Development organisation in Cork, Ireland. The Cork team will be part of a global team that develop and operate cloud services and applications scaling to meet the needs of hundreds of millions of Forcepoint users.
The successful candidate will have a strong passion for quality assurance and technology, be open minded and have strong analytical skills to help qualify large scale cloud services and applications. The successful candidate will have good organisational skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills, working well with others across group and department boundaries.
- Partake in the overall detailed design activities to ensure quality assurance artefacts are present.
- Work as part of a local scrum team to create test automation and apply quality best practices.
- Provide manual test efforts where automation is not currently feasible, though continue to drive the problem to an automated solution.
- Create test plans to meet the quality needs of the cloud services and applications delivered by the team.
- Assist in the scheduling process by breaking down EPICs and providing estimates for stories and tasks.
- Interface and work well with other engineering groups and scrum teams as part of day to day activities.
- Measure and track quality metrics as part of the automation deliverables and day to day activities of the team.
- Extend and improve test automation across functional and performance boundaries.
- Partake in trouble shooting problems within engineering and production tiers.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience with quality assurance in cloud services and applications.
- Previous automation experience in a language such as Python, Java, Ruby, Erlang, GO.
- Prior experience working in commercial software quality environments: best practices for quality assurance, agile, schedules, processes, defect management, test case management & continuous integration environments & formal quality practices.
- Experience automating test pipelines that test cloud functionally efficiently, effectively and at scale.
- Experience incrementally testing deliverables within an agile environment.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience testing RESTful API interfaces using automation.
- Demonstrated experience developing on a Linux/Unix platform.
Nice to have
- Knowledge and test experience in AWS, Azure or other Public Cloud providers
- Knowledge of scripting languages and Linux platform tools like bash, perl, awk, sed and grep.
- Experience testing services on a Linux/Unix platform.
- Data storage experience across technologies such as RDBMS, Key/Value Stores and NoSQL
- Knowledge of large enterprise networking environments.
- Understanding of security concepts: encryption, secure application development, defensive programming, software vulnerabilities and exploits, general issues in web security.
What You Can Expect
At Forcepoint, you have the opportunity to join a startup environment with the comfort of a world class established organisation behind you. We have a brand new office facility in the city centre and offer a competitive range of benefits including: Pension, Healthcare, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Tuition Assistance, Sports & Social Club, Commuter Rail & Bus Tax Saver Scheme, Bike to Work Scheme, Employee Referral Bonus Payments, Sabbatical Programme and Volunteering Hours.
Highly competitive compensation and benefits are just the beginning. We promise A Big Investment in You — you'll also get all the training and support you need to succeed and grow your career.
Our values are who we are…
Trustworthy | Respectful | Collaborative | Innovative | Accountable | Relentless
…and drive everything we do.
*Applicants must hold either an appropriate Stamp 4 Irish work visa or EU/UK passport prior to application.
How to ApplyPlease send applications to Viktorija.OSullivan@forcepoint.com
270 total views, 2 today