Full-timePrincipal Software Engineer
Position: Principal Software Engineer
Location: Cork, Ireland
Have you developed endpoints within a cross-compiling architecture before? We’re seeking an experienced developer to work on a new generation endpoint. Experience in designing and developing complex code on one of the following platforms: MAC OS X, Windows or Linux is required. Deep operating system knowledge is critical.
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance.
Forcepoint is recognised as a Market & Technology Leader in NGFW, CASB, DLP and Cross Domain Cyber Solutions and is a pioneer in anti-evasion defences and high-availability clustering.
Forcepoint is building a new world class Endpoint organisation in Cork, Ireland. The Cork team will be part of a global team that develops Forcepoint’s Windows, Linux and Mac Endpoint products to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of millions of Forcepoint users.
This position includes responsibility for designing and developing high quality secure code of our Endpoint products. We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, independent hard worker who wants to be part of a winning team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced developer to work with a strong team in developing agents on a new cross compiling architecture.
- Design and develop endpoint solutions (software and operation) to provide the foundation for all Forcepoint commercial business units and vertical product categories.
- Optimize drivers and kernel modules for high performance and responsiveness.
- Research special topics related to endpoint security, OS mechanics and develop proof of concept demonstrations.
- Act as a leader and mentor for engineering staff and work with team management to implement career development through engineering assignments.
- Provide guidance on software architecture, low level implementation, and diagnostic reverse engineering.
- Implement endpoint software to support our strategic architectural goals and be a champion for architectural integrity.
- Work closely with a globally distributed group of stakeholders and remote development teams to ensure that all endpoint consumers get high quality components on schedule.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in computer engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering. Candidates with equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Extensive experience of working on design, implementation and support of software.
- Good Knowledge of system internals.
- Expert C/C++ coder with experience at the driver and kernel module layer.
- Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals such as file systems, network protocol stacks, process management, interrupt handling, and memory management.
- Experience of developing cross platform solutions.
- Excellent debugging skills. Reverse engineering techniques and debugging of kernel space code.
- Deep understanding of secure coding techniques, integrity measurement, and tamper detection.
- Understanding or experience with certificate management, code signing, secure communications, encryption, trusted boot, or related topics.
- Understanding of backend application models and RESTful APIs.
- Good understanding of system architecture.
- Experience of leading development teams from a technical viewpoint.
- Desire to develop talent and mentor junior engineers.
- Experience working in a cross functional organization with distributed teams.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and teamwork ethic within a diverse team environment.
- Good understanding of test frameworks.
- Direct experience with SCRUM and Agile methods.
- Exposure to virtualization and containerization.
- Knowledge of design patterns.
- Solid understanding of build systems and continuous integration.
- Knowledge of endpoint security topics.
- Strong personal commitment to quality and repeatable processes.
What You Can Expect
At Forcepoint, you have the opportunity to join a startup environment with the comfort of a world class established organisation behind you. We have a brand new office facility in the city centre and offer a competitive range of benefits including: Pension, Healthcare, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Tuition Assistance, Sports & Social Club, Commuter Rail & Bus Tax Saver Scheme, Bike to Work Scheme, Employee Referral Bonus Payments, Sabbatical Programme and Volunteering Hours.
Highly competitive compensation and benefits are just the beginning. We promise A Big Investment in You — you'll also get all the training and support you need to succeed and grow your career.
Our values are who we are…
Trustworthy | Respectful | Collaborative | Innovative | Accountable | Relentless
…and drive everything we do.
*Applicants must hold either an appropriate Stamp 4 Irish work visa or EU/UK passport prior to application.
How to ApplyPlease send your application to Barry.Hennessy@Forcepoint.com
236 total views, 1 today