Gloople, a “social sharing” e-commerce platform located in Shoreditch is looking for a web developer to join the team. You will be working in our lovely offices near the silicon roundabout in Shoreditch (EC2A 3QL), we also share with other technical companies that we bounce ideas around with, it’s a fun environment and something is always happening.
The UK’s 1st social sharing e-commerce platform with mobile functionality. Targeting SME’s it allows them to have complete control over their social commerce solution. It enables them to automate engagement with their customers, increasing their ROI around social media with a powerful, versatile and affordable platform.
To discuss this position you can meet us at the TechStartupJobs Fair on 18th January!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement new technical features
- Develop exciting software for our ever increasing client list
- Working as part of our team to ensure that our technology is as engaging and easy-to-use as possible
- Suggest and help mould the infrastructure at Browser
- Help shape the framework we use and support platform deployment project-by-project
- Maintain existing projects
- To have fun and bring knowledge to others
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS
This is not an exhaustive list. However, Browser would invite candidates with around 2 + years’ experience in these or appropriate related technologies/areas:
- PHP 5.x
- Object Orientated Programming knowledge
- Server administration (not essential)
- Source control – GIT
- HTML & CSS
Although not essential, experience of the following would be beneficial.
- Node.js exposure/experience
- Caching – Varnish & Memcache
- A good understanding of the HTTP protocol
- RESTFul API development/usage
- An interest in caching and server performance/optimisation
- Server infrastructure setup/experience
- Asterisk PBX
- ‘NoSql’ experience – CouchDB, mongo
- Good taste in music
Ultimately we need someone who is keen, highly motivated, and extremely passionate about everything technical.
You like a challenge, and aren’t afraid to put in the hard work to see the results.
Browser are dedicated to looking after their staff and you’ll benefit significantly from an innovative and successful approach to getting the most out of your time at work.
We try to engage with the PHP community whenever possible, and attend the PHP UK conference (http://www.phpconference.co.uk/) each year, which you will have access to. In addition to this, we also attend thePHP London (http://www.phplondon.org/) talks the first Thursday of each month, where various industry experts share their knowledge of new technologies, best practices and everything to do with and relating to PHP!
Salary: Competitive – depending on experience.
How to ApplyMeet the Gloople team at the TechStartupJobs fair on the of 18th January, or apply directly by clicking on the APPLY ONLINE button below.
11674 total views, 1 today