Full-timeLead Customer Solutions Engineer – Software for Drones
Engineering | Zurich, Switzerland | Full-time
Who we are:
Auterion is the largest open source drone software company and is a leader in a movement that is bigger than itself. The company builds the open source operating system for commercial drones on top of PX4, the most widely used flight controller for drones. Our mission is to connect the community of developers, contributors, and companies creating better technology the open source way. Auterion is co-founded by Lorenz Meier, creator of Pixhawk, founder of PX4 and named MIT Innovator 35 under 35, and Kevin Sartori, UC Berkeley MBA and drone industry expert from Silicon Valley.
About your role:
As Head of Customer Solutions you will be a senior and highly visible technical member of our team and play a critical role as we grow and scale our business. You drive the integration and adoption of our open source technologies and services with customers and partners of the global drone ecosystem. You are the pre- and post-sales technical owner of software solutions deployed at customers.
In detail you will:
- You provide the technical link between our customers and Auterion’s engineering teams. You work closely, either on-site or remotely, with customers’ engineering, development and product teams to provide solutions for both hardware and software that best suit the customer’s requirements.
- You will take the lead in guiding our customers through the technical integration journey from evaluation and exploration to integration and production. You drive successful integration, adoption, and usage of our software solutions by enabling customers through onboarding, learning and adoption.
- You will lead and develop an agile team of embedded engineers and customer success managers to serve customers and partners and to help us build and maintain a world-class operating system for drones and autonomous robots.
- You manage a portfolio of key customers and act as the connection between the customers or integrations partners and the engineering and customer support team internally.
- You work with partners and our internal engineering teams to bring new integrations / services / solutions into the ecosystem.
- You collaborate closely with our core product and engineering teams to link learnings to product development.
- You will take the lead in: Enterprise Analysis, by effectively gathering, eliciting, analyzing and documenting requirements. Furthermore, you will be responsible for solution assessment and validation.
- You will support in: Requirements planning & Management and Requirements Communication. You will manage (/or effectively delegate) testing, maintenance, and configuration activities. You will lead a team of solution engineers whilst managing and implementing best-practices in engineering processes, tools and methods. Together with an interdisciplinary team, you will support in managing the project integration, the project scope, project timeframe, overall project costs and pricing, quality assurance, human resources, risk management and procurement activities.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar customer-facing engineering role spanning software and hardware applications and solutions.
- You have a solid technical background with a degree in Computer/Software Engineering or similar fields.
- Experience with cloud technologies - iPaaS, SaaS applications, cloud infrastructure, etc. is preferred.
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and responding to functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs/RFQs effectively.
- You have worked the latest technologies: Robotics, Drones, IoT, Edge Computing, Computer Vision, Real Time MCUs.
- You are able to build and maintain international customer and account relationships and to position yourself as a subject matter expert.
- You have successfully managed and build a team before and you are motivated to so again.
- You are motivated by being part fast-growing young startup; you have the ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative, innovative environment, managing multiple simultaneous efforts to drive them to completion. We will really challenge you on this!
- You have excellent communication skills and know how to influence and bring along a complete organization.
- You are enthusiastic about working with a global team and you are willing to travel to Europe, US, and China (30% travel).
What you will find at Auterion
- A well-funded Silicon Valley style startup in the heart of Switzerland in Zurich’s bustling city life as well as near the natural beauty of the country and – of course – the Swiss Alps.
- A highly motivated and passionate team that has a 10-year long track record of driving the global drones ecosystem to the next level.
- Concrete learning and development opportunities and the chance to independently drive your area of responsibility and further grow the role.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Access to a rooftop deck, a modern workstation, we host physical activities during lunch and every Monday we order snacks for the entire week (your suggestions are welcome!).
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website
165 total views, 5 today