Head of Business Development
Exciting opportunity for a stellar Head of Business Development to join an award-winning VC-backed start-up during its rapid growth phase.
Skimlinks is one of the most well-known startups in the UK, described by Techcrunch as one of London’s leading startups, and voted in the top 10 of the Guardian Tech Media Invest.
We are now looking for someone to head up our team of sales managers, account managers and customer support team, as well as to lead our business development strategy and drive implementation of this strategy internationally.
About the role
At Skimlinks, we have a team of bright, passionate business development managers, who believe in our company motto that we don’t just sell our technology to our customers, but we sell ourselves: our love of innovation, our empathetic approach to winning and retaining customers, and desire to delight everyone we come in contact with. We want someone to lead this team and take Skimlinks to further greatness.
This exciting role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for BizDev strategy and its execution
- Decide on international roll-out strategy, manage process of growing into new markets
- Identify potential business opportunities, size the opportunity to determine its attractiveness and priority, prepare a plan for addressing it, and executing this plan either directly or via your team
- Work closely with Product, Tech and Ops teams to design leading products with revenue impacts
- Give feedback and insights to how products are viewed by the market, and give input into product management and development prioritisation processes
- Provide management, leadership, mentorship, guidance and encouragement to a team of US and UK-based Sales Managers, Account Managers, Merchant Managers and Customer Support team
- Manage hiring of additional team members where necessary
- Decide on optimal metrics to measure success of teams, monitor these metrics, and provide suitable incentives, rewards, and remedial actions based on actual performance against metrics
- Advise the team on negotiations with publishers, merchants and partners
- Manage sales process, systems and pipeline to achieve ‘scaleable intimacy’ and win valuable business swiftly
- Manage account management process and systems to ensure customer loyalty and retention, encourage word-of-mouth advertising, high customer satisfaction, and increase in value for existing accounts
- Actively pursue strategic or large biz dev opportunities, taking responsibility for winning the business and maximising its commercial success
- Identify new channels for integrating or distributing our technology, and leading the development and success of those new channels
- Strike deals to maximise monetization potential of the product set, including identifying and prioritising new opportunities
The role is based in Shoreditch, London right in the middle of Silicon Roundabout. Our digs have a strong technology culture, lots of space and a high-spec setup.
Here at Skimlinks we value dedication, enthusiasm, and a love of innovation. We are disrupting the online monetization industry, and welcome candidates who want to be a part of this ambitious journey. But its not just hard work, we definitely appreciate a bit of quirkiness and fun along the way.
- you have a strong technical background, able to understand the capabilities of our technologies and design high-level solutions for potential customers and partners
- you will have experience selling advertising, media, or technology solutions to publishers or advertisers
- you will have experience managing a team of sales and account managers, knowing how to get the most from your team, and how to inspire and incentivise them to achieve ambitious goals (which you will have experience setting and measuring)
- you recognise the role account management can play alongside sales, and can create initiatives and campaigns for retention and engagement alongside new business and marketing initiatives
- you will have a strong understanding of the online publishing, media, and advertising space, with a network of contacts you have built up in those circles
- you will be brilliant at spotting new channels for our technology, and have the confidence and tenacity to reach out and develop those channels to achieve revenue targets
- you will be a natural negotiator, able to get contracts and deals signed with partners and knowing where to push and where to acquiesce, building a relationship alongside winning the deal
- you will love winning deals, and create a culture of vibrancy and success within your department
- you are able to think strategically alongside a passion to turn strategy into results
- you will be great at managing team members in remote locations, as well as building up teams in new geographies
- you will be charming, personable, and sincere, embodying the Skimlinks spirit as you interact with the outside world
- you are a natural communicator, not just to your peers but providing insight and updates to the Board
- you have a sense of humour, are ambitious, and love the thrill and madness of working in a start-up environment.
About the Company
Founded in 2007, Skimlinks is start-up behind an innovative service that helps online publishers make money from their editorial and user-generated content. Our base products convert relevant words and links in-text into monetizable links, with a bunch of publisher tools and advanced reporting support them.
Our clients include the world’s leading online newspaper, content and blog networks, including WordPress, Hearst Digital, T3.com, Pocket-lint, Mumsnet and over 10,000 more content sites, forums, web applications and blogs.
We’re 30 people, based in London and San Francisco. Our platform serves over 3 billion requests worldwide per month, using the latest technologies and cloud infrastructure to power it.
We have won a myriad of awards, including Telegraph Startup100: Runner-up for Advertising & Marketing, Linkshare Technology Genuis Award 2010, Best New Business and Special Award for Technological Innovation from New Media Age awards 2009. Check out our blog for more awards and media mentions at http://blog.skimlinks.com
Skimlinks is venture-backed by Sussex Place Ventures, The Accelerator Group and NESTA. This positions us ready to grow aggressively and innovative rapidly, to achieve our goal of being ‘the Adsense of Affiliate Marketing’ and transform the way content sites monetize their content.
We are a friendly and dedicated team, genuinely excited by the prospect of disruptive innovation. We’re looking to grow a team that shares that ethos.
Find out more about what its like working at Skimlinks http://skimlinks.com/careers or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please upload your CV and cover letter via our apply link. Also, please answer the following questions in your cover letter.
1. Describe your ideal mix of a role
2. Describe how you build rapport with clients
How to ApplyMeet the team at the TechStartupJobs Fair on the 18th of Jan to discuss this and other exciting opportunities. Or apply directly by clicking on the 'Apply Online' button below.
13790 total views, 3 today