Full-timeFront End Engineer
We build tech that saves lives. We solve real, hard problems. Imagine building a platform that can monitor and analyse the health of every human being, that can direct healthcare attention to them before they know they need it. Imagine medication arriving in the post or an ambulance arriving outside - automatically. That's what we are building.
In just 2 years, we built our product, monitored 1000 patients, built a phenomenal team of 18 and gained EU regulatory approval. We raised one of the largest seed rounds in UK history. We're now bringing our product to some of the top healthcare providers in the world. We're on an unstoppable trajectory.
You do not need any previous experience in healthcare or medicine, but you do need an inquisitive and curious mind, you need to always strive for perfection, work at a fast pace and to tight deadlines. You have to be able to learn at an extreme pace, be ready for an ever changing and evolving environment, while being completely transparent to the rest of your team, our partners and our customers.
Characteristics of successful snap40 Front-End Software Engineers
• Experience of designing, building and support of web technology (HTML, JS & CSS) based applications following solid Software Engineering principles.
• Very strong ability to communicate your ideas and an ability to gather support for a proposal from your colleagues
• Ability to work very closely with developers in other areas of the stack and develop a keen understanding of the various ‘back-end’ components and challenges.
• Experience working with RESTful APIs, real-time data sources and local document databases (e.g. Couchbase Lite)
• The ability and excitement to create new insight for clinicians from our wealth of very valuable patient health data
• The ability to rapidly prototype, deliver and iterate on features from varied product requirements in an agile environment
Other Characteristics Which Would Be Very Useful
• Understanding, support and ideally enthusiasm for UX design principles, User Centred Design and understanding of common UI design patterns - we want to build useful products.
• Strong CSS skills
• Experience with Ionic Hybrid App Framework
• Deep understanding of AngularJS (we currently use extensively) and Angular 2+
• Experience with front-end build, dependency management and automation tools such as gulp, npm and webpack
• A proven ability to create visualisations of complex data, especially in a consumer facing app would be a big plus for us
• Familiarity with ES6
• Experience with the Reactive development paradigm to help extend our real-time, event driven platform philosophy down to the Front-end Applications.
Some Things That Are Not Required
• Any knowledge of healthcare or physiology (you’ll learn quickly)
• A degree in computer science - we care much more about who you are and the real things you have done
What You Will Do
As a snap40 Front-End Software Engineer, you will work in our engineering and product team to build out our product and bring it to patients and healthcare professionals.
You will be focussed on the delivery of an outstanding user experience via mobile and web interfaces but you will contribute at every single stage of the product life cycle, deploy it out into the wild and see its impact on real people. You will work on new features as well as on our existing codebase.
Our IoT software tech stack extends all the way from the patient to the healthcare professional.
• Embedded code running on a patient’s arm
• Network protocols reliably handling sensor data transmission
• A data pipeline that constantly seeks to identify health deterioration patterns
• Micro-services that power mobile apps, visualisations and push notifications to support clinical decisions
Technologies We Use
• We can build a service in one step. We use TeamCity for back-end micro-services and BuddyBuild for front-end mobile applications.
• We use three main databases - PostgreSQL, Couchbase and HBase.
• We use bleeding-edge ML tools including H2O, Jupyter and Spark.
• Our architecture is entirely event-driven using RabbitMQ and Consul.
• Our product is deployed on AWS and we use tools like Nomad and Terraform to support deployment.
• We monitor our architecture using ELK and DataDog.
If you want to solve real, hard problems that save lives and touch families, solve problems that have never been solved before then we are for you.
We offer a flexible environment, where you’ll have the autonomy and freedom to do what you do best.
We are hugely ambitious and focussed, but we have fun. As a company we are supportive, trusting and transparent, we’re young, so you’ll have the chance to build the company you want to work for.
On top of that we provide:
• Competitive salary
• Stock options – our company is your company. We want to build it together
• Spec your own dev environment
• Free lunch every Wednesday
• Remote friendly and flexible working environment
How to ApplyPlease visit and apply through;https://www.snap40.com/hiring.php
355 total views, 1 today