Full-timeFront End Developer
TruRating – be part of something which will change the world.
Take the plunge. Live the dream. Do something which you know will affect the lives of millions the world over, which will change the way businesses, consumers, even the government thinks. Get out of bed in the morning for that adrenalin hit, love the pace, love the challenge, love doing what has never been done before – and love being the best you’ve ever been. And what’s more, owning part of what you’ve created.
TruRating is a global, rapidly scaling tech start up. With our multi-award-winning, game-changing technology, we take a pulse of consumer sentiment whenever a customer pays, on the payment terminal. With an average of 88% of consumers responding, for the first time ever businesses can now gain access to mass, representative and validated feedback – and as the rating also feeds a consumer website to compete with the likes of Yelp! and TripAdvisor, consumers get trustworthy and representative recommendations on where to go from real customers.
Partnering with the biggest payment companies in the world, our customers range from the largest global retailers right down to your local pub or bookshop. Every business with a payment terminal can have TruRating – and to date, they pretty much all want it. With three global patents registered, the world is there for the taking – and we need to grow our passionate team quickly to help us live out the dream.
We’re looking for a talented front end developer to quickly integrate into our tech team and help us deliver our ambitious and challenging roadmap as we roll out across the globe. In order to make the TruRating user experience consistent and intuitive across the dizzying array of devices and platforms we are currently targeting, you will need to apply flexibility and creative thinking on a daily basis.
We want passionate, talented and outstanding individuals to join us and help bring the truth back to ratings around the world.
• Developing high performance and responsive consumer-facing front end web applications.
• Providing input (technical feasibility and creative design) in the development of elegant and usable interfaces.
• Working with UX, QA, Architects and Product Owners using Agile methodologies.
• Designing and converting wireframes and tech specs into well coded web pages.
• Leading and participating in design, code, review and best practices discussions.
• Creating release packages which include test procedures and performance metrics.
• Code highly scalable and efficient software.
• Fix bugs / defects in unfamiliar code.
• Learn new paradigms, languages, and libraries as you work.
• Investigate new technologies and their applicability to the company’s offering.
We would love to bring on board someone who has…
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in web development and integration.
• Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS3, responsive web design, Angular.js and consuming REST APIs.
• Experience building single page browser applications.
• Familiarity with build tools like Grunt or Gulp.
• Experience optimising web application performance.
• Experience with cross browser compatibility issues.
• Experience with version control – Git.
• Familiarity with PowerShell.
• Working knowledge of Databases.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Azure is a definite plus.
• Working experience of software management (e.g. GitFlow, Github flow).
• Has built with cutting-edge technologies, has experience-backed opinions and who knows how to craft a solid front end toolchain. Someone who is on top of the ever-evolving front end landscape.
• Enjoys close collaboration with colleagues on projects large and small.
• Good team spirit.
• Positive attitude.
• Good stress management.
• Capability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
• Capacity to anticipate any possible problems with design and implementation.
• Works comfortably in an agile environment.
• Capability to work under own initiative.
• Excellent timekeeping/presence.
And more about us…
TruRating – world changing insights
As the first ever mass point-of-payment feedback system, TruRating is transforming the world of ratings to empower the 99% of people who currently don’t feed back. By doing so, we are connecting businesses and their customers like never before and for the first time giving both parties ratings they can really trust.
Our partnerships with the world’s leading payment businesses – who provide our cutting edge technology to their merchant clients – mean we are exceptionally well placed to achieve our mission of being the world’s largest and most trusted ratings system. We are already live in over 200 outlets, have collected 2 million consumer ratings and have offices in 4 markets – but that is just the start.
By asking one simple question on a payment terminal (or on an e-commerce site), we empower customers to rate their experience from 0 to 9 in just a moment. Making it so simple, quick and anonymous means we’re generating unprecedented levels of consumer engagement – 88% of people are rating when asked the TruRating question. This in turn drives insights that are ground-breaking for businesses, allowing them to make better decisions and improve their operations. For consumers, there has never been a more convenient or trustworthy way to find a shop, salon, restaurant, hotel or bar that is recommended by others.
Joining the TruRating team provides the opportunity to be part of a game-changing technology that will soon touch millions of people’s lives on a daily basis. You will be helping businesses and consumers make better decisions, and improving the world for all of us. We are democratising market research for merchants and giving every business and consumer access to reliable insight. As the CEO of one of the world’s biggest retail brands said, “I completely see that every retailer in the country will be using this system within a couple of years”.
Having launched in 2015, we’re now full steam ahead with our international expansion. As well as being live in household name stores in the UK and Australia, our Canadian and US teams are all set to launch via partnerships with North America’s key payments businesses in the second half of 2016. This will enable pilots with some of NAM’s most well-known retail and hospitality businesses.
Our international team of 50+ continues to grow quickly as we approach launch with more of the world’s biggest payment businesses – including Ingenico, Verifone, Wincor Nixdorf, Global Payments, FIS and Toshiba.
We have also received numerous 3rd party endorsements, having graduated from the Microsoft Ventures Accelerator Programme (we were recently invited to meet CEO Satya Nadella and other execs as one of a select group of international alumni).
We’ve also won multiple awards including the Cartes Start-Up Challenge for the most promising new international payment technology company, Ingenico’s ‘Application of the Year’ (Globally), and being listed as one of Gartner’s Cool Vendors 2016.
We are fortunate to have an exceptional group of investors and advisors who are equally committed to achieving the TruRating vision. These include Peter Ayliffe (Chair, Monitise and former President and CEO of Visa Europe), Anthony Gutman (Head of Investment Banking, Goldman Sachs) and Chris Blundell (Head Global Technology Partner, Brunswick PR). These individuals and our institutional investors have provided us with a fantastic platform to pursue international expansion, and we’re looking to achieve this by attracting more world-class talent across multiple areas of the business.
How to ApplyApplication processPlease email the following to Rachel Gowers, People and Culture Manager at TruRating (Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org): • Your CV; • A brief introduction that helps us understand why you would be a great fit for the role. We are keen to quickly bring on board this crucial member of the team so please do get in touch promptly.
933 total views, 1 today