Full-timeFirmware Developer at Homeit
We are a travel tech startup that is transforming the short-term apartment market in the Sharing Economy. We design, develop and market an access control solution for short-term rental properties. This means you can access any property in the world which has got Homeit, through an app, an SMS or a keypad.
We closed our equity crowdfunding campaign through Seedrs with 500+ investors backing us up with 532k eur so we can continue our expansion across Europe putting the company’s valuation at nearly 3 million eur (https://www.seedrs.com/homeit). We have been growing a whopping 11% month on month over the past 8 months! So this surely is an incredibly fast-paced environment.
The Homeit team consists of 12 people from 3 different nationalities and is currently based in Lisbon – and we can’t wait for you to join us! Some of us have worked at companies such as PwC (London), Google Maps (London), Steinberg (Hamburg), Runnics.com (Madrid), Todoist.com (Madrid) and Click&Boat (Paris).
We are looking for a passionate firmware developer to join our fast-paced and dynamic core product team. You will be expected to jump into our technology stack and start shipping code immediately, with a direct impact on the direction of our product, teams, and company. You will play a key role in our firmware development, including: design, coding, testing and debugging embedded systems.
You will report to the CTO and will be working closely with other team members, including the Growth and Operations teams, in order to help us execute on our product roadmap and vision. You will be based in Lisbon, together with the rest of the team. With us, you will have the opportunity of feeling that your work is greatly appreciated and that you are a fundamental member to the team, not just a cog in a big machine.
– Develop and maintain firmware and device drivers in C/C++ for Cortex M and Cortex A based devices
– Develop firmware in Node.js for Cortex A based devices
– Develop test code in Node.js for existing hardware test pipelines
– Design and implement automated test pipelines for new hardware products
– Investigate, recommend and implement new technologies
– 2+ years of experience with embedded systems
– Circuit design and analysis
– C/C++ for embedded device development (Cortex M)
– Linux shell
– Communication protocols: BLE, Wi-Fi, RF
– Device driver development: I2C, SPI, GPIO, USB
– Prototyping platforms: Arduino, RPi
– Computer networking: TCP, UDP, WebSockets
– Hardware lab equipment such as digital scope and logic analyser
Any undergraduate degree or higher.
What do we offer?
– Opportunity to shape and lead the technology direction of an entire industry
– Create our 12-month core product roadmap
– Design, develop and maintain a wide range of firmware projects for cutting edge hardware projects
– Work with some of the latest and most exciting technologies
– Gain a much deeper understanding of the most widely used concepts and technologies in the Internet of Things (IoT) industry
– Work in a multi-disciplinary environment that combines the offline and the online ‘worlds’, through a unique mix of software, hardware, design, manufacturing and marketing
– Learn massive amounts of startup principles and how to actually put them to practice
– Have tailored 1-on-1 training with our team to get you up to speed as quickly as possible
– International office and work environment
How to ApplyApply at https://angel.co/homeit-kit/jobs/333977-firmware-developer
53 total views, 1 today