Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance.
Forcepoint is recognised as a Market & Technology Leader in NGFW, CASB, DLP and Cross Domain Cyber Solutions and is a pioneer in anti-evasion defences and high-availability clustering.
Forcepoint is building a new world class Cloud Engineering/Development organisation in Cork, Ireland. The Cork team will be part of a global team that develop and operate cloud services and applications scaling to meet the needs of hundreds of millions of Forcepoint users.
The successful candidate will have a strong passion for technology, be open minded and have strong technical skills to help solve and troubleshoot large scale deployments. You will have a deep cloud expertise to guide and drive the technical direction of new projects for high scale multi-tenant cloud services and applications. You will help in defining and implementing cloud infrastructure best practices, evaluate alternate approaches through to implementation as well as inspiring continuous improvements.
- Establish best practices and implementation guidelines for cloud infrastructure
- Interact with the wider engineering team to help define interoperability across systems and processes
- Optimize and adjust the continuous integration and deployment practices to bring them to a best in class implementation
- Interface and work well with other engineering groups as part of day to day activities, with a significant focus on remote correspondence
- Drive the overall detailed design activities by analysing requirements and high-level designs
- Develop automation and processes to enable the team to deploy, manage, configure, scale and manage services in the cloud
- Assist in prototyping different versions of cloud services and applications across different cloud vendors
- Assist in the scheduling process by breaking down EPICs and providing estimates for relevant stories and tasks
- Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing environment issues
- Evangelist for monitoring solutions and tools that will automate daily operational activities
- Work as part of the engineering team to ensure stable releases and environments throughout the service delivery lifecycle
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and practical experience in AWS, Azure or other Public Cloud providers
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with Public Cloud deployments using both IaaS and PaaS capabilities
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, performant, multi geo located and hybrid cloud environments
- Experience automating the deployment of large scale systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages and Linux platform tools like bash, perl, awk, sed and grep
- Knowledge of large enterprise networking environments
- Demonstrated experience managing large scale Linux/Unix platforms
- Be detail orientated and able to work independently while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have a strong problem management drive to solve issues before they becomes major problems and stop similar issues in the future
Nice to have
- Public Cloud certification
- Experience migrating from hosted traditional stack to a cloud-based stack.
- Experience with Python
- Data storage experience across technologies such as RDBMS, Key/Value Stores and NoSQL
- Understanding of security concepts: encryption, secure application development, software vulnerabilities and exploits, general issues in web security
What You Can Expect
At Forcepoint, you have the opportunity to join a startup environment with the comfort of a world class established organisation behind you. We have a brand new office facility in the city centre and offer a competitive range of benefits including: Pension, Healthcare, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Tuition Assistance, Sports & Social Club, Commuter Rail & Bus Tax Saver Scheme, Bike to Work Scheme, Employee Referral Bonus Payments, Sabbatical Programme and Volunteering Hours.
Highly competitive compensation and benefits are just the beginning. We promise A Big Investment in You — you'll also get all the training and support you need to succeed and grow your career.
Our values are who we are…
Trustworthy | Respectful | Collaborative | Innovative | Accountable | Relentless
…and drive everything we do.
*Applicants must hold either an appropriate Stamp 4 Irish work visa or EU/UK passport prior to application.
How to ApplyPlease sent your application to Barry.Hennessy@Forcepoint.com
211 total views, 1 today