Full-timeData Science Teamlead (m/f)
The Data Science group at Wayfair solves some of the most analytically challenging problems facing a rapidly growing Internet leader with millions of customers and complex business operations. We are seeking a team lead, who is well-versed in advanced modelling and machine learning, to take over and own multiple of our European workstreams and to support the further growth of our Berlin Data Science branch.
This particular role will focus on improving customer experience through various personalized and non-personalized recommendation initiatives across multiple channels of communication.
Check out some of the work that we do here:
- Lead a team of data scientists responsible for designing and executing algorithmic solutions
- Serve as consultative partner to business and product leaders to understand their needs and how they translate into models
- Explore opportunities both in terms of business needs and in terms of what is technically feasible
- Plan projects and manage their execution, prioritizing between competing interests and providing technical guidance
- Facilitate implementation of models into production by working with partners in engineering
- Connect and communicate data-science projects to stakeholders and teams company-wide
- BA/BS/MS/or PhD, with strong academic record, ideally in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Extensive experience in a corporate, start-up, or research environment
- Hands-on project experience in advanced modelling and machine learning, high comfort level with programming (i.e. Python/R or similar, SQL)
- Prior experience leading and developing direct reports
- Strong talent for effective communication
- Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
And finally, a bit more about Data Science at Wayfair:
The Data Science group is made up of team members with diverse skill sets across math and engineering, dedicated to solving some of the most analytically challenging problems here at Wayfair. The work we do encompasses:
Data mining - uncover deep insight hidden in our vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how act on findings
Algorithm design - develop quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
Algorithm platform engineering - design and build technical platforms for our algorithmic engines to run at scale
Influencing business decisions - leverage our work and encourage adoption across our business partners to drive business value
The Data Science department covers three main topic areas. You will work in one of the following:
Data Science Personalization builds sophisticated platforms designed to personalize customer experience to millions of unique shoppers across site and email. This includes working on different types of recommendations engines, as well as algorithms that machine-learn complex shopping behavior. The goal is to be intelligent and automated in making the experience more relevant for every user.
Data Science Marketing builds the framework and algorithms that help guide Wayfair’s $400M+ annual marketing investment. The work touches all marketing channels (TV, catalog and digital) and aims to improve our ability to measure marketing impact, improve our customer targeting and optimize our investments across millions of marketing campaigns.
Data Science Operations builds data-driven solutions to support Wayfair operations teams, including Merchandising Operations, B2B, Supplier Performance, and Customer Service. The big goals are to enhance Wayfair’s behind-the-scenes operational capabilities through rigorous use of algorithms and analysis.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
How to ApplyIs this job for you? Apply here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/wayfair/job/ouEZ7fwY?__jvst=Job%20Board&__jvsd=Berlin_Tech_Job_Fair_2018
335 total views, 1 today