Full-timeBackend Engineer – API (m/f)
Bonial.com operates the leading location based shopping platform worldwide, with a complementary portfolio of brands and products to connect shoppers with their favourite local stores and brands. Reaching 25 million users each month, our brands focus on all stages of the shopping journey: discovering deals, following favourite stores, creating shopping lists and ultimately making a trip to the store.
The Atlantis team is responsible for the core of all of the engineering projects at Bonial. We are a large team responsible for the backend systems from content creation right through to delivery via APIs. We are looking for a Backend Engineer in the API team to work with the sub-group dedicated to client traffic, APIs, search and recommendation engines.
As an Engineer in our Backend team you’re ensuring our components keep on talking to each other, which means in particular:
– playing an active role in the development of high-traffic, real-time, geo-located online applications and surrounding ecosystems
– being an active driver of refactoring and scaling
– checking API compatibilities and unifying them
– gaining experience in programming Java8 and in Groovy & Grails as well
– exploring technologies like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Rest API, AWS, Kafka and Spark
– building a system in the spirit of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
– working on the notification system, the search engine and hey, maintenance is always part of the job, isn’t it?
– have 4+ years of practical Java experience
– have experiences in Hibernate and Spring as well
– have experience with Elasticsearch, which is a positive
– have experience working in an agile software development team
– can work independently, responsibly, accurately and reliably
– are a real team player, but you are ambitious at the same time
– can keep calm under stress, assess risks and make decisions
– have very good communication skills in English and know how to express your ideas
then you would be exactly who we are looking for!
You can expect…
– To be the next member of a young and international team with people from 35+ countries.
– To contribute and learn new things, every day!
– Room to grow: you’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and take on real responsibilities
– A friendly, laid-back work atmosphere with lots of after-work activities and events
How to ApplyPlease visit www.bonial.com/careers or copy and paste the following link: http://smrtr.io/bbYDbw
207 total views, 1 today