Full-timeBackend Developer for AI Chatbot startup
Twyla is a seed-funded startup in Berlin, developing the next generation of enterprise conversational technologies. Our chatbots bring together machine learning and rule-based techniques in a product intuitive enough for everyone to use.
At Twyla we are both developing our underlying architecture using hybrid machine learning and rule-based chatbot technologies, as well as building enterprise systems to enable the bots to be powered by enterprise data.
The development team is currently five individuals of all different backgrounds (including things like biology, cognitive science, and social work). Our working style is relaxed, informal, and most importantly, agile. We believe in a sweet spot of relaxed development in the context of needing to ship code.
While we are curious about your past, we are more interested in what excites you now and for the future. Besides curiosity and a passion to dive into new things, here are some of the things we are looking for:
• Comfort in at least one dynamic programming language;
• Knowledge of what it takes to build a cohesive, end-to-end feature;
• Communication skills, both in business and technical domains;
• Experience connecting moving parts of different systems;
• Understanding unit and integration tests and their relationship to coding standards like maintainability and consistency
A well-functioning team is important, and we strongly believe that diversity is one of the most important pieces to this. There is great opportunity in the work that we do, and we welcome anyone willing to challenge themselves and contribute.
Your role will revolve primarily around the implementation of third-party integrations into our current infrastructure. This means building organised and extensible features, focusing on collaboration, intuitive design, and simple solutions.
Company Benefits & Culture—-
We preach a relaxed culture but we’re all ambitious people, both for ourselves and for our work. We’ve set out with a blank canvas and we bring to our work a lot of experience working in different backgrounds, and with a real drive to do things better with Twyla.
In addition to that we boast:
• A great, diverse group of people from different disciplines
• Sponsorship of personal development initiatives, like courses (doesn’t even have to be relating to your job)
• Amazing offices in the hub:raum building with access to a gym, table tennis, and two kitchens
• All the coffee and club mate you can drink (and beers available when needed)
• Standard German full-time employment benefits of health insurance, vacation, and parental leave
• Visa sponsorship
One more note—-
As a member of the Twyla team, you’ll be entrusted with the opportunity to own tasks and see them through to completion. We code mostly in Python, but we care more about finding the right tool for the job than the tool itself–think pragmatic instead of dogmatic. At Twyla, you will have the opportunity to broaden your career development into areas of machine learning, natural language processing, and other aspects of our stack.
How to ApplyHead on over to angel.co and write us a note with your profile and CV. We are looking forward to getting to know you!https://angel.co/twyla-2/jobs/276118-backend-developer
576 total views, 1 today