Back-End Web Developer – London
Mendeley is disrupting scientific communication, changing the way research is done, and in the process has become one of the brightest start-ups on the European tech scene, with plenty of awards and lots of official recognition. We are a mission led organisation with a strong commitment to providing the best tools to help researchers and scientists do their work. We’ve built a global research collaboration platform and open research database. We develop solutions across platforms with an emphasis on utilising Big Data.
You will be joining our team of highly talented engineers working as part of the web team along with dedicated qa, desktop, and platform developers. You will mainly be working on the PHP layer of the website, delivering new features and keeping high user pain bugs to a minimum.
- Deliver well tested and scalable features
- Improve site architecture
- Increase web back-end performance
- Maintain and enhance security of the website
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain and refactor existing codebase
- Implement new features, fix bugs and write tests
- Be involved in review and verification of tickets
- Participate in all stages from architectural design to live deployment
- Work with large datasets across multiple datastores
What you should bring
- Expert knowledge of PHP
- More than 3 years commercial large scale application development experience using PHP
- Very good knowledge of MySQL or similar
- Experience with PHP frameworks and CMS such as Drupal, Symfony or Tonic
- Experience with search technology such as Apache SOLR or ElasticSearch
- Experience of building and consuming RESTful web APIs
- Experience with Smarty or similar
- Experience with REST and data exchange formats (JSON, XML) desirable
- Experience working on multi-developer projects and complex websites
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject a plus
What we offer you
- Competitive salary + stock options
- No out-of-hours support expected
- 25 days holidays
- Company benefits such as: cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, BUPA (private healthcare), Friday beer o’clocks (snacks and drinks on the house), free breakfast, monthly team nights out, annual events (Christmas party and summer barbecue)
- Working in a great environment in a central London office with roof terrace
If you are interested, send your CV and cover letter to jobs [at] mendeley [dot] com. If you are selected for an interview, we will let you know within two weeks.
Register below to attend the TechStartupJobs Fair and meet with this recruiter and many more!
3654 total views, 1 today